|Location||Blackpool, Manchester and Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £32,844|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||13 September 2019|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Business Analyst with knowledge and experience of working the context of an Infrastructure Engineering community/practice to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – DWP create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
You’re a talented Business Analyst and you know your way around Infrastructure Engineering, including related products and the main infrastructure technologies – Compute, Network, Storage.
We’re the largest government department in the UK, and our technology estate is a big and complex as anything in the retail or banking sectors. You’ll thrive in that environment and rise to that challenge.
Working within the Infrastructure Development Lifecycle Process as part of a delivery team, you will support the development and maintenance of infrastructure products and contribute towards their design.
You will be an intrinsic part of the wider Tooling Team, working with ITSM Process leads, Service Partners, DWP internal teams and end user communities. You’ll collaborate with a range of talented, passionate internal/external partners, stakeholder and customers to implement the products you manage on time at the right time, and to ensure provision of a robust and modern enterprise strength capability.
What are we looking for?
- You have significant of experience in product management, developing standard/repeatable services, with substantiation of successful track record.
- You have experience of effectively communicating at different levels, across support and engineering, business users, architecture and suppliers.
- You have supported and mentored the development of team members to assist in the provision of a first class service, maintaining the required levels of expertise on a team.
- You have knowledge of the main Infrastructure technologies – Compute, Network, Storage.
- You have experience of delivering solutions within an agile framework.
- You have an ITIL Qualification or equivalent experience across multiple ITIL process areas.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in your choice of Newcastle, Manchester or Blackpool. Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
We have great facilities on each site, whether the gym in Blackpool, the sports courts in Newcastle or the brilliant basement level bike lock-up and showers in Manchester city centre. Get in touch to find out more about your preferred location.
You’ll join DWP’s Infrastructure Services Tooling team. We’re responsible for deploying and managing a range of enterprise strength toolsets that manage the Departments IT Systems and IT Service Management capabilities. You’ll work with many talented and committed people who want to be the best at what they do. We offer career-enhancing roles which apply the latest technologies and techniques to meaningful, high profile work. Our people also enjoy the security, flexibility and work-life balance that a brilliant civil service offers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £32,844, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you’ll link through to a job entitled Infrastructure Engineer – Service Now. Don’t be put off, it is the correct vacancy – this BA role is part of the Service Now team/family.