Number of vacancies
Leeds, London, Manchester OR Newcastle-upon-Tyne
£35,310 (NATIONAL) £39,957 (LONDON) — £40,066 (NATIONAL) £45,018 (LONDON)
37 per week (flexible working)
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation
• Work in an environment shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
• Career progression opportunities and lots more
24 February 2021
• Are you an ambitious Threat Detection Analyst looking to test your skills and knowledge of sophisticated adversary techniques against the biggest public sector challenges?
• Do you want to test your network infrastructure, cyber security, digital forensics and malware analysis experience against massive datasets?
• Do you want to be part of a team delivering real value to people that need help at difficult times of their lives?
• Are you adept at proactive and reactive analysis?
• Can you use a range of network devices utilising OSINT and commercial tools to investigate the bypass or evasion of security controls?
• Could you use intelligence feeds and information from 3rd parties effectively to develop indicators of compromise to detect signs of malicious activity?
• Can you provide tiered analysis of technical events across multiple technical environments, using data analysis, networking, operating systems, databases and high volume internet based transaction services?
YES? Then APPLY NOW. We’d love to hear from you!
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for Cyber Security Threat Analysts to work in the Department’s Cyber Resilience Centre (CRC) and play a vital role in securing the DWP IT Estate. You ensure that service delivery is not affected as a result of potential malicious activity from internal or external threats.
DWP are the biggest payer in the UK, helping some 22m citizens live better lives by paying around £170bn annually. The scale and impact of the work we do is huge, the security challenges are unique, complex and critical.
Duties. Work. Projects.
You will be part of an innovative and service-orientated team of analysts, focused on the detection and investigation of potential indicators of compromise or malicious activity on DWP systems and devices.
You will provide comprehensive analysis of security alerts as well as proactive analysis of activity captured in system logs and security tools. You’ll quickly determine if systems have been compromised, you will collaborate with stakeholders across CRC and in the wider security community to ensure an effective response to alerts and risks as they are identified.
This is a shift working role and you’ll work as part of our tight committed team to deliver comprehensive cover and high quality service.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team with a base office at one of our Digital Hubs at either Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle or London.
We have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
The Cyber Resilience Centre provides support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and as result analyst team members will work shift patterns on a rota basis. You’ll work a pattern that allows you to maintain regular contact with team members and attend meetings and host 1-2-1s.
Please click this link to have a look here to find out more about what is on offer at each site.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link