|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||£35,310 — £41,682|
|Work hours||37 hours per week|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working
|Closing date||21 September 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
• Do you have expertise in generic data design and data solutions?
• Do you have innovative ideas on how to improve data engineering in developing best practice?
• Can you design, create and develop data solutions and interpret customer requirements?
• Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation? Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for talented Data Engineer with expertise in Data Solutions to join our growing Data & Analytics practice and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Here you will have the chance to use and stretch your abilities, strengthen your experience and continue your professional development in a supportive, structured and innovative environment.
Data. Work. Projects. About you and your role:
As a Data Engineer with Data Solutions you’ll responsible for developing accurate, efficient data solutions which meet the needs of users who use and rely on DWP services.
You’ll be involved in a portfolio of different government projects and mediation works. We offer diverse work across ETL, SAS, Informatica and Cloud based solutions environments.
You will translate, interpret and utilise raw data, developing pipelines for the social well-being of customers and improvement of key public services like pensions.
We aim to continuously improve data engineering standards and embed best practice in our design and our processes. You’ll develop and maintain standards for design work, and put reviews and feedback mechanisms in place to support ongoing improvement.
You’ll engage and advise stakeholders at all stages of the data engineering lifecycle, from pre-feasibility/discovery through to delivery. You’ll also provide leadership and develop our junior data engineers, and share your technical knowledge and insight across our organisation, and beyond.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
• Ability to identify simple patterns and trends
• You can lead complex discussions with data suppliers to enable delivery of robust quality data; understand data restrictions and how that influences the design of the data solution.
• You can generate data solutions on high profile and high risk pieces of work.
• Investigates problems and opportunities in existing processes and contributes to recommending solutions to these
• Works with stakeholders to identify objectives and potential benefits available
• Understands core technical concepts related to their role and is able to apply them.
• Understands the appropriate media to communicate findings. Shapes and shares communications cognisant of the audience
• Able to give tactical recommendations
Desirable Skills/ Experience
• SAS Viya/SAS E-guide
• Hadoop/ Informatica
• Agile background/approach
• Unix Shell script
Where you’ll work
You’ll join us in one of our digital hubs in Leeds. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
Each of our hubs is a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £41,682 per annum, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities and lots more.
• Learning and development tailored to your role
Click apply now to start an application on Civil Service Jobs. For further information click apply or contact firstname.lastname@example.org