Number of vacancies
Blackpool, Leeds, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Sheffield
£35,310 — £40,666
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
• A generous annual leave allowance, starting @ 25 days and rising to 30 days per year
4 May 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Do you have expertise in operating Cloud engineering platforms such as Microsoft Azure AND/OR Amazon Web Services(AWS) AND/OR Google Cloud Platform (GCP)?
- Do you have experience in ETL tooling pipelines?
- Do you have proven experience in building big-data capability?
- Do you believe in the power Big Data to drive a massive, generational change and better outcomes for millions of people?
We’re looking for a talented Data Engineers to join our growing community of experts on our Data & Analytics practice service, a key part of one of the biggest and highest profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
We’re growing our Data practice so we’d welcome applications from all sorts of Data Engineers, including ETL Developers, Data Modellers and Data Solution specialists.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
You’re an experienced Data Engineer so you’ll know what it means to extract, organise and deliver value in all aspects of data development activities, and to do so with a focus on the experience of the end user.
You might never have used your skills at this massive scale though, or driven by such an extraordinary purpose, without profit motive or shareholders.
You’ll be a key part of our thriving Data Engineering community. You’ll support the overall Data Engineering Development process for the Data and Analytics programme, setting the strategies for products and across the team.
You’ll manage and deliver aspects such as code development activities, as well as technical design documentation, design standards, metadata and data quality and provide a technical steer ultimately inputting into the strategic direction and making sure we’re doing the right things at the right times.
What skills, knowledge and experience do you need to show us?
In your application you’ll need to show us and evidence:
- Developing innovative data solutions using Cloud platforms & open source tooling.
- Developing & maintaining data pipelines, ensuring data engineering best practice & standards.
- Design of ETL/ELT processes, including; data staging, loading & archiving, data modelling techniques, data transformation & integration, error handling etc.
- Maintaining storage areas & relational databases, performance tuning & troubleshooting issues as required.
- Developing, testing, version control & documenting of code within an Agile team.
In your application we want you to show what you can do by telling us what you have done. Tailor and structure your responses to evidence the skills and experience we’re looking for.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool, Leeds, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Sheffield.
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We offer a competitive salary up to £40,666, a brilliant civil service pension of circa 27% and a leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me @ Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk