|Number of vacancies||4|
|Salary||up to £43,674|
|Work hours||37 pw|
• Learning and development tailored to your role
|Closing date||4 October 2020|
DevOps Engineer – Hybrid Cloud Services: Up to £43,674 with 27% pension contributions, flexible working, work life balance and great benefits
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for talented DevOps Engineers to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Within DWP Digital, Hybrid Cloud Services is responsible for the hosting environments used by the Department. Our hybrid cloud hosting solution makes use of both traditional data centres and cloud hosting to provide a blended capability which makes best use of each.
We design, build, test and run community, public and private cloud hosting. We help our product and service owners to transition to cloud.
You’ll work as part of our multidisciplinary agile team. We are building new digital applications to enable DWP and our users to more effectively communicate and engage.
These new digital services are providing our users with an improved customer experience and delivering efficient outcomes for both DWP and citizens. The team also support and maintain a portfolio of existing DWP digital services and a suite of shared services that require technical support with regular technology updates.
Find out what we’re working on and all about life at DWP Digital on our blog: https://dwpdigital.blog.gov.uk/
Duties. Work. Projects.
- You will transform technical requirements into an effective DevOps toolchain.
- You’ll resolve issues to ensure citizen-facing services are repeatable, scalable, resilient and highly available.
- You’ll create new practices and procedures or modify existing processes to improve performance.
- You’ll help us implement a DevOps culture and automation best practices.
- You’ll offer coaching, support and mentoring to Software and DevOps Engineer peers.
- You’ll join community discussions about DevOps best practice within Engineering.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Significant experience of infrastructure as Code using Terraform.
- Significant experience of distributed version controls systems (git)
- Significant experience of continuous integration/continuous delivery and deployment tools such as GitLab CI, Jenkins or similar.
- Significant experience of building, deploying, supporting, and operating immutable cloud applications, preferably in AWS.
- Significant experience of containers and containerised workloads.
- Significant experience of operating, patching and securing Linux operating systems.
- Significant experience of scripting in BASH.
Where will you work?
We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
You’ll join our brilliant team in our Leeds digital hub.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
At DWP Digital we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations. That means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £43,674, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave allowance. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
If you want to work in empowered, multi-disciplinary teams in an environment which values passion and creativity over hierarchy, we’d love to hear from you.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs
If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org