|Number of vacancies||14|
|Location||Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £43,674|
|Work hours||37 Flexible|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||16 April 2020|
DevOps Engineer – Hybrid Cloud Services: Up to £43,674 with 27% pension contributions, flexible working, work life balance and great benefits
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for talented DevOps Engineers to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
This is a great time to join DWP Digital. We are transforming the way we deliver our services to our customers and the way we design, build and test these services. We are committed to moving away from Waterfall development and embracing Agile principles and agile delivery methodology
We work in collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams that embrace iterative development and incremental delivery of customer centric products and services.
Within DWP Digital, Hybrid Cloud Services is responsible for the hosting environments used by the Department. Our hybrid cloud hosting solution makes use of both traditional data centres and cloud hosting to provide a blended capability which makes best use of each.
We design, build and run community, public and private cloud hosting. We help our product and service owners to transition to cloud.
As a DevOps Engineer we want you to own the overall DevOps process and to set strategies for our products and the wider community. Working closely with senior experts form our Engineering and Architecture practices you’ll help ensure DWP systems, which millions of people use and rely on, are fit for purpose.
Duties. Work. Projects.
- You will transform technical requirements into an effective DevOps toolchain.
- You’ll resolve issues to ensure citizen-facing services are repeatable, scalable, resilient and highly available.
- You’ll create new practices and procedures or modify existing processes to improve performance.
- You’ll help us implement a DevOps culture and automation best practices.
- You’ll offer coaching, support and mentoring to Software and DevOps Engineer peers.
- You will contribute to community discussions about DevOps best practice within Engineering.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Experience of Linux Operating Systems.
- Significant experience of Scripting systems using Terraform.
- Significant experience of Version Controls systems (Git and GitLab CI).
- Significant experience of working in an agile environment building, deploying, supporting, patching and operating cloud applications (in particular AWS and Azure).
- Significant experience of containers and containerised workloads e.g. orchestration services such as Kubernetes and ISTIO.
- Significant experience of Configuration management using Ansible and Ansible Tower.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our brilliant team in your choice of our digital hubs Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
At DWP Digital we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations. That means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £43,674, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave allowance. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
If you want to work in empowered, multi-disciplinary teams in an environment which values passion and creativity over hierarchy, we’d love to hear from you.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs
If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via email@example.com