|Number of vacancies||2|
|Salary||Up to £39,674|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||11 November 2019|
If you’re creative and skilled, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Business Performance & Planning Managers with a drive and passion for Digital to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and high profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
You will be joining an exciting, motivated and forward thinking team implementing radical improvements, while promoting Digital working and its benefits and delivering products and services that are used by 22 million people in the UK, including friends, family, neighbours and some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
If you are looking for a Business Management role that differs from the norm, where you will use your skills to help real people, you will struggle to find a bigger, more challenging and rewarding opportunity anywhere in the UK.
You and your role
You will be at heart of everything we do. This role presents an exciting opportunity to work with senior Digital leaders within the department. As a Digital Business Performance & Planning Manager you will deliver a business reporting, risk and audit management service providing assurance to the Digital Executive Team and Digital Directors, enabling them to deliver Digital Group’s key internal and external accountabilities successfully.
So, we need you to come in and hit the ground running by making connections across the organisation and extending the reach of the team. And if you thrive working in fast paced environments by getting things done in the day to day – you’ll fit in well.
You will be exposed to a wide variety of high level portfolios and projects, where you will need to analyse and articulate information on subjects and prepare succinct focussed reports regarding Internal Audit recommendations and Digital Strategic Risks.
You will manage the design and implementation of an audit management framework to ensure consistent ways of working across digital groups.
And you will be able to transfer all of your knowledge and skills and adapt them to a digital environment, understanding the background and what our challenges are likely to be.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
• You can analyse data, draw conclusions and credibly present information in order to influence and persuade board members to take action or make decisions.
• You have experience of working in a large digital organisation, or demonstrable understanding of how large digital organisations operate in the context of this role.
• You’ll build strong relationships and links with senior stakeholders,technical digital and port-folio staff , and you will work across these areas to pull everyone together.
Where will you work?
Your role will be based in your choice of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in either Manchester or Blackpool.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We provide our teams with the latest tech and tooling, and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
We have a range of facilities across the sites including coffee shops and restaurants, table tennis, yoga, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £39,674, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working and family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
• Career progression opportunities, learning and development, coaching, mentoring, event hosting and attendance and lots more.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via firstname.lastname@example.org