|Location||Blackpool or Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £39,674|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||29 March 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for a Digital Business Performance and Planning Manager to join our growing community of experts. DWP is leading a once in a generation programme of welfare reform and you’ll help drive forward a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
DWP currently has an enormously ambitious and challenging agenda, often working in partnership with the private and voluntary sector. We provide services and support to over 20 million people, are responsible for over 730 million benefit payment transactions each year.
At the heart of this massive agenda is the digital transformation of the services that DWP provides, which will radically improve how government interacts with people. We’ll make our services easier and swifter to access; the time taken to develop new services will decrease and the cost of delivery will be reduced significantly.
Duties. Work. Project.
You and your role:
As a Digital Business Performance and Planning Manager you will be responsible for ensuring effective management of risk, group level finance, workforce planning, business planning, audit, compliance and business performance.
You’ll help us to deliver DWP’s Digital Strategy and business plans across business functions. This will include people, technology and financial strands of our operation. You will support the smooth running, maintenance and transformation of services, driving strategic outcomes and improved performance.
You’re comfortable providing information and performance metrics to a range of audiences including senior managers. Here you will collate function information and analysis against functional strategy and business plans to ensure we’re moving in the right direction..
You will also control the design and implementation of a workforce plan, to identify where there is a need for recruitment, how that activity is progressing, and the impact in budget and headcount,
You a good communicator and you build relationships big enough to get the job done. You’ll advise, guide, negotiate and communicate with senior experts from across digital. You’ll be empowered to provide information and recommend a course of action, and to keep our stakeholders on the straight and narrow when it comes to adherence to standards and policies.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
You will be able to demonstrate that you have:
- ability to analyse information, translating technical concepts into nontechnical language and present successfully to internal and external stakeholders.
- experience of providing succinct and focussed reports containing tactical and strategic recommendations to Senior Leaders.
- experience of developing and maintaining mutually supportive relationships with internal and external Stakeholders and networks.
- well-developed communication, planning and prioritisation skills.
- proven ability to identify service and process improvement opportunities.
- experience of working in a large or complex organisation, or demonstrable understanding of how large or complex organisations operate in the context of the role
Check out some top tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital at: http://bit.ly/3bw3Fzo & http://bit.ly/2SugTEt
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team in one of our digital hubs in your choice of either Blackpool or Newcastle.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £39,674p.a., a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com