|Location||Blackpool, Manchester and Newcastle|
|Salary||£31,989 - £34,285|
|Work hours||37 per week|
• Learning and development tailored to your role
|Closing date||2 December 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP Digital is transforming DWP’s services by unlocking the potential of leading edge technologies and ways of working. We are using tech to make it quicker and easier for DWP’s customers to get the support they need.
DWP Digital offers uniquely challenging and fulfilling careers for people interested in using their skills to make a genuine difference to society. We’re part of the UK’s biggest government department, and along with 85,000 colleagues, we support 22 million people every day to help them to find work and save for their future.
We’re looking for someone confident, capable and organised with a background in executive support roles, to help our Service Protection team run smoothly and efficiently.
You’ll support our Directors and Senior Leadership team, clearing space for them to apply their time and skills where they can add the most value. That will mean autonomously managing diaries, responding to emails, prioritising actions, arranging travel, and resolving issues. You’ll get involved where you need to, to get the job done.
Our team is at the centre of DWP’s digital and technology operations. This a fast-paced, often complex, environment and our Directors and leaders are really busy, so your role in supporting them is really important for us.
If you have the skills, experience and attitude to help us be at our best and deliver brilliant things for our users we’d love to hear from you.
Duties. Work. Projects.
- You’ll the Deputy Directors diary to ensure that priority meetings and events take place
- You’ll have regular one-to-one sessions with deputy Director to help them better understand their calendar and answer questions relating to engagements, accommodation and travel
- You’ll progress actions on behalf of the deputy Director and the SLT e.g. briefing colleagues, circulating communications and conducting research
- You’ll coordinate forums, steering groups and meetings on behalf of Deputy Director and the SLT to ensure actions are implemented and recommendations are progressed
- You’ll be our point of contact for all general enquiries relating to the Deputy Director and ensure the detailed requests are communicated in a timely manner
- You’ll provide guidance and support to the deputy Director’s team in relation to prioritising emails requests and a management of diaries
What skills and experience do you need?
- Experience of managing and prioritising a senior manager’s diary
- Experience of providing secretarial services to senior leaders including collating papers, arranging forums and meetings, capturing and progressing outcomes, requests or action points
- Experience of working flexibly and adapting to change within a fast paced environment
- Experience of managing conflicting demands and priorities, as well as delegating tasks appropriately. Identifying and escalating issues and blockers to senior leaders
- Ability to influence stakeholders and manage relationships effectively, building long term strategic relationship.
- Experience of using appropriate Microsoft office software to produce clear, professional written communications, including content for use in briefings
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant hubs in either Manchester, Blackpool or Newcastle Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We offer competitive salary of £31,989 to £34,285, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth circa 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- I can be me in DWP. Bring your authentic self to work.
- Work for a ‘Best Place to Work in Digital Award’ nominee: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.