|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||£34,448 — £45,412|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||29 March 2020|
Can you Interpret of Erwin data models to create mappings and work flow using ETL tools applying Kimball methodology? Do you have solid SQL coding skills in n Oracle or DB2 environment?
Do you want to work on one of the biggest data stores in Europe? Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then click apply today- we’d love to hear from you!
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and innovative ETL Developer to help us transform data management and data services. We’re transforming data management and data services in one of the highest-profile digital transformation programmes in Europe.
You’ll work on colossal data-lakes transforming raw data into quality data-sets. You’ll join a motivated team who are focused on delivering excellent customer service, working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to create innovative solutions in a diverse and large scale operation.
The team deliver using the most appropriate methodology with expertise in both Waterfall and Agile ways of working. We are looking for someone who has knowledge of both methodologies with an emphasis on Agile, who is enthusiastic, experienced and knowledgeable and can to rise to the transformation challenge and deliver for our business and our users.
What will I be doing?
- Develop automated data ingest routines, workflows and mappings for structured and unstructured data.
- Translate business requirements to ensure they are clear and robust, and can be transformed into reusable production ready code and / or effective data models;
- Support Quality Assurance colleagues and Data Managers who are responsible for day to day testing and live running;
- Shape solutions in a fit for purpose way; following the agreed principles and contribute to the overall Data Engineer Development lifecycle;
- Collaborate across teams and liaise with Senior Data Engineers and Technical Architects to investigate technical solutions;
- Be responsible for maintaining the support and implementation of continuous improvement to Data Engineering standards;
- Participate in coaching and mentoring with colleagues and peers: support the growth of the team by keeping up with market and industry trends, and sharing knowledge and experience;
- Be accountable for translating user requirements and Data models into effective, robust ETL solutions in line with build standards and ensure code is production ready and reusable;
- Define version control mechanisms and strategies for the source code of products.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Understands core technical concepts related to the ETL Developer role and is able to apply them.
- Designs, develops, codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs or scripts under the direction of others.
- Expert level experience in the development of complex data ingest routines and patterns
- Knowledge of database architecture, relational database diagrams, data warehousing principles and integrity constraints
- Experience of SQL, Proc SQL, Python, Spark
- ETL concepts, Relational Databases and Data Warehousing, Data analysis, Big Data concepts, Kimball methodology
Details. Salary. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £45,412 per annum, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Delivering while parenting: Family friendly policies and a focus on work life balance
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Development and career progression opportunities as part of a learning organisation.
Where you’ll work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Leeds.
Find out more about working in our Leeds hub here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
APPLY: Click apply to start an application on CSJobs.
For further information click apply or contact email@example.com