|Number of vacancies||8|
|Location||Newcastle, Manchester or Sheffield|
|Salary||Up to £45,333|
|Work hours||37.5 hours per week|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more…
|Closing date||25 February 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
Are you an ETL Developer with Informatica or Elasticsearch (ELK) or SAS Skills?
Do you have expertise in data-lakes and transforming raw data into quality data-sets?
Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
About you and the role
BPDTS Ltd provides digital/technology services to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) who are in the midst of one of the largest digital transformation in Europe. You will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive community of skilled digital professionals, you will work in agile and creative ways in order to improve technology services, to the benefit of 22 million UK citizens. As public servants, we help make a difference to people at critical times in their lives – as they look for work, deal with illness or disability, support children after separation, or plan for retirement.
As an ETL Developer you will be part of our Data & Analytics community which is home to a variety of job roles that cover all aspects of maximising the value of data, producing actionable insights and servicing the data needs across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. These include Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Managers and Digital Performance Analysts.
We deliver data-driven intelligence, products and services that help improve experiences for people using digital services. We also ensure services delivered are efficient and deliver value for money.
You’ll will develop accurate, efficient data solutions which meet customer needs to agreed timescales.
You’ll ensure the stability, robustness and resilience of the products you design and build and be in a position to affect changes to those products where necessary.
You’ll maintain and support continuous improvement of data engineering standards and engage with stakeholders at all stages of the data engineering lifecycle, from pre-feasibility/discovery through to delivery.
You will help to develop junior data engineers and provide technical guidance alongside other data engineering functions for customers.
Please note that this role requires SC Clearance at BPSS level which may take up to 4 weeks
What are we looking for?
• Ability to interpret complex data models and associated technical metadata in order to understand data availability, context and suitability for meeting user needs
• An in-depth understanding of ETL concepts, ETL loading strategy, Data archiving, Data reconciliation, ETL Error Handling, Error Logging mechanism, standards and best practices
• Knowledge of database architecture, relational database diagrams, data warehousing principles and integrity constraints
• Hands-on experience of database architecture, relational database diagrams and integrity constraints
• Experience with relational, multidimensional and OLAP techniques and technology
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of Agile supporting software tools, e.g. Confluence and JIRA
• Understands principles of testing phases in different project environments and the link to requirements documentation including production and execution of test scripts
• BDD/Test Driven development
• Knowledge of data architecture concepts / technologies e.g. data warehouse, data lakes, big data
• Opensource, cloud based Big Data technologies, e.g. NoSQL, HDFS, Sqoop, Flume
• NoSQL databases and distributed file store
• Developing APIs
Where will you work?
The role will be based in one of our easy to reach digital hubs in Newcastle, Manchester or Sheffield
Each hub is designed for, and by, members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling, and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Each of our nationwide hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Our central hubs have the best of each location on our doorstep, and we have a range of facilities inside from coffee shops and restaurants, to table tennis, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £45,333 dependant on level of expertise
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information and to start your application click Apply. You will need to register your CV and add a supporting statement on our online application portal.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any additional details.