|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Leeds or Manchester|
|Salary||Up to £47,661|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||10 December 2018|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a talented Event Production Manager to join our growing community of communications experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
We’re really excited about the events and opportunities we’ll be involved in over the next 12 months. You will design, plan and execute a variety of events to help us tell our story and engage with people and communities in our organisation, across government and beyond.
We help build communities. We help drive important aims like gender equality forward. We bring people together, we help bring talent to DWP Digital so they can positively transform products and services used by millions of people.
You and your role
You will join DWP’s well-respected Digital Engagement team as an Event Production Manager.
Active, engaged and serious about your professional networks, you will build and deliver events that are designed to support our long term communications aims and objectives, whether that is promoting collaboration, helping people understand who we are as an organisation or recruiting the best tech talent in the UK.
For a flavour of what we do take a look at our recent Hack the North 2.0 event in Manchester via #hackthenorth on twitter and LinkedIn.
You’ll work on multiple, varied events at various stages of planning and execution at once. In one day you could be talking about ideas for future events and designing upcoming events, as well as sitting with content production teams, social media experts and your film crew to nail down the details for an event tomorrow or next month.
You will see and own the whole event production process. We’ve integrated content creation and event design with video production and relationship building; you’ll own your event from plan to production, from aim to execution, from a spot on our long range events calendar to the excitement of on the day delivery.
What are we looking for?
- Proven effectiveness as a communications specialist, ideally with experience of delivering communications within a large, complex organisation
- Extensive experience of planning and delivering engaging, high-profile events for internal and external audiences, including venue sourcing and budget management, with multiple, different types of events in different stages of design and production at any one time
- Proven on-the-day event management skills, with a strong and hands-on understanding of production and AV, and experience of or willingness to learn how to use tools including PowerPoint, Keynote, WordPress, EventBrite, Slido, GoogleDocs, DropBox, Vimeo across Windows and Apple Mac desktop and mobile devices
- Ability to develop strong relationships and networks within team and across the wider organisation and external digital sector
- Excellent evaluation skills, evidence of a rigorous approach to measuring event impact which drives continuous improvement
- Strong content development skills, including social media content to promote and support an event
In this role you’ll get to be really hands on. We don’t expect you to be an expert with every tool or in every discipline but you’ll have a real opportunity here to develop skills, learn and develop your expertise as you do the job.
Where you’ll work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Leeds or Manchester.
Each of our hubs is a modern, vibrant workplace that was designed for and by members of our digital community. Our central hubs have the best of the city on the doorstep, and we have a range of facilities across the sites from cafes, coffee shops and restaurants, to ping pong, a swimming pool, gym facilities and loads more.
Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £47,661, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• And lots more
Building Our Future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in your ability.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills and experience you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll share ideas with colleagues from across the tech community, and grow your skills via our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information and to start your application click APPLY now. You’ll be redirected to Civil Service Jobs where you may need to register an account.