|Location||Blackpool or Manchester|
|Salary||Up to £70,102|
|Work hours||37 per week (flexible working)|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||18 September 2019|
If you’re a creative recruitment leader, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
DWP Digital is hiring digital specialists to power a once-in-a-generation transformation of government, products and services. We need to bring in the right people at pace, at volume, across multiple roles, levels and locations to ensure DWP can deliver the right solutions and services to the millions of people that rely on us.
DWP is a leader and innovator in the Civil Service for digital recruitment but the Digital market is fast-moving, and the skill sets we need are in high demand. It is essential that we continue to attract, select and onboard the best candidates and deliver a smooth, positive journey into DWP. It’s a huge challenge, but a brilliant opportunity for a skilled, ambitious specialist recruitment leader. We hope that’s you.
You and your role
You’re an expert recruitment leader, driven by a desire to hire brilliant people and provide an exceptional service. You have experience of successfully leading in-house recruitment teams, and you’ll know the value of using MI and feedback to help those teams keep getting better.
You’ll join our brilliant Digital Capability team, where you’ll make sure we provide our customers with what they need, when they need it. That means collaboration with colleagues across Digital, including vacancy holders and business management teams to understand permanent and temporary resource requirements and ensure intuitive, effective processes to deliver to this demand.
You’re great at building trusting relationships, communicating across boundaries and working with and managing varied groups of stakeholders, including experts and specialists, hiring managers, HR, Finance and 3rd party suppliers.
Here, you’ll have chance to implement a new recruitment operating model, without compromising as-is service and delivery. You’ll help to build an inclusive, engaging and healthy environment across the whole of Digital, where high performing teams can flourish and individuals feel empowered to achieve their best.
What are we looking for?
- You have experience of leading the end to end recruitment process in a large and complex organisation (particularly specialist and/or hard to fill roles)
- You have a solid understanding of workforce planning and translating requirements into a clear and ambitious – yet achievable – resourcing plan
- You are highly proficient in understanding and utilising management information and providing insight to senior stakeholders
- You lead and inspire teams, both directly and via matrix
- You have excellent supplier management skills and can to put in place robust processes to monitor progress and implement changes to improve performance
- You have extensive experience of managing and influencing stakeholders at every level
- It’s great, but not essential, if you have IT/Project Management (eg. AMP, BCS Certificate or Prince 2)
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in your choice of Manchester or Blackpool.
In Blackpool our hub sits in a nature park full of wild rabbits, birds, carp and even a family of otters. Inside you can enjoy gym facilities, wellness and relaxation zones, collaboration spaces, coffee shops, a canteen and lots more.
In Manchester we’re right in the heart of the city on St Peter’s Square, so really handy for train, tram and bus. We also have a basement level lock up, with showers, if you like to cycle in.
DWP Digital is part of the UK’s biggest government department, and along with 85,000 colleagues, we support 20 million people every day to help them to find work and save for their future. Few other organisations globally provide the same opportunity to apply next-generation digital technology on a massive scale to issues which touch the lives of so many.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary from £57,954 to £70,102, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Clubs, sports and social activities
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now.