|Number of vacancies||2|
|Incentive compensation||+ Pension|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||6 December 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
There’s never been a better time to join DWP Digital if you’re inspired by the opportunity to re-imagine our country’s future using data, design and technology.
DWP offers uniquely challenging and fulfilling career opportunities for leaders interested in making a genuine difference to society on a massive scale. We’re larger than most organisations, with 85,000 colleagues in 800 locations. We pay £170 billion in pensions and benefits every year, and look after over £1.7 trillion of pensions assets.
But more than our scale, it’s our purpose that sets us apart. Our work enables people on benefits to find work and earn more, supports those who are unable to work because of health or disability, supports children, and helps us plan for the future.
DWP Digital is unlocking the potential of latest technologies and ways of working to transform how DWP deliver for our users. We want to make it quicker, easier and less costly for DWP’s customers to get the support they need. We aspire to be the best at what we do.
It’s this sense of purpose which has attracted thousands of talent technicians and experts to DWP Digital. We hope you’ll join them.
Duties. Work. Projects.
We are looking for talented Infrastructure Engineers to work on our Intelligent Automation Garage (IAG).
You will develop, deploy, maintain and enhance cloud infrastructure solutions and new technologies. This will help increase productivity and improve decision making across DWP. We are working at the cutting edge of technology in UK government – no-one else is doing what we’re doing, at this scale in this unique context.
To date, DWP’s IAG have developed and deployed over 47 automations processing over 8m transactions – using a mix of technologies including Robotics Process Automation, Computer Vision, OCR, Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning. Working closely with DWP business areas and stakeholders, our IAG teams design, build, deploy and run automations using our cloud platform and liquid infrastructure.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
• EC2 – Instances, Autoscaling groups, Lifecycle Policies / Lifecycle Hooks.
• CloudFormation / Terraform Infrastructure as Code – Advanced Level template scripting, knowledge of parameters, functions, references, mappings. Autoscaling and Non-Autoscaling templates, CFN-Init.
• VPC – Creating and managing VPCs, Subnets, Security Groups (Firewall rules), Network ACLS. VPC Peering, AWS Privatelink and VPC Endpoints, Understanding of HA systems.
• Linux – OS, basic knowledge of Amazon Linux 2
• Bash – fundamental experience
• Grep -Installing Packages, User Account Management.
• Operating Systems – Advanced Knowledge of Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016.
• HTTPS/Certificates/SSL/Mutual SSL – Understanding and experience of applying certificates, knowledge of modern encryption techniques.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £45,000 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
• Bring your authentic self to work with ‘I can be me in DWP’
• Work in an environment shortlisted for Best Place to Work in Digital: https://bit.ly/36qP1aY
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com