Number of vacancies
Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Up to £40,666
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
19 April 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We are looking for an Engineer with skills in Application Monitoring and Data Analytics to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Duties. Work. Projects.
You will join the DWP Enterprise Tooling Team. We are responsible for managing and maintaining DWP’s enterprise strength toolsets, used to manage the Department’s IT Systems Management capabilities.
Our team is focused on the delivery of the Dynatrace and Splunk product sets.
Our Engineers are committed to designing, developing, deploying and supporting core IT services that underpin the user-facing services that millions of people rely on. We’re driven to deliver to the highest standards by this extraordinary purpose.
These services provide the monitoring necessary to know how healthy the network, server or application is, how the datacentres are laid out and what power they are consuming. You’ll also make sure DWP are accurately capturing Software Asset information to allow the central Asset team to ensure we are correctly licensed.
You help manage the platform and the underlying infrastructure that allows remote access to DWP datacentres for engineers across the Digital organisation.
You’ll also add your expert voice and ideas to our team, and to our engineering community. And we’ll help you grow your skills and your career within this supportive framework.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
In your application we’ll ask you to write a personal statement please that shows us you have each of the below:
- Demonstrate experience or understanding of IT Infrastructure services or applications within a large scale organisation
- Demonstrate experience or understanding of troubleshooting and resolving issues involving technologies across a variety of platforms
- Demonstrate experience of effectively communicating at different levels, across support and engineering, business users, architecture and suppliers
- Demonstrate experience of deploying technologies across a variety of IT platforms
- Demonstrate experience of showing an ability to keep up to date with changing technologies and how they could be applicable to the current business
- Experience of working within an ITIL Framework
Knowledge and/or Experience of software supporting the listed technologies is desirable and would help you hit the ground running. But not essential:
- Data Analytics Platforms
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Experience in configuring IT monitoring tools
Details. Workplace. Pay.
You’ll join us in a brilliant digital hub in your choice of Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £40,666 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and extra flexi days off
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com
If you have a bit of time we’d love you to check out our recent Infrastructure Engineering themed webinar: