|Number of vacancies||2|
|Location||Corsham and Farnborough|
|Salary||£33,283 — £36,718|
• Learning and development tailored to your role
|Closing date||27 September 2019|
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Infrastructure Engineer – Data Centre Manager to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
The role of an Infrastructure Engineer – Data Centre Manager is to assist in the management of Data Centre Operations to the Department by providing on site management and coordination of activities with the Data Centres. This will entail working closely with 3rd party providers and different teams within DWP to provide a high quality service whilst ensuring the Departments security requirements are followed.
As a Infrastructure Engineer – Data Centre Manager Data Centre Manager, you will deal with the day to day management and development of infrastructure products and contribute towards their design. You will be responsible for the operational stability of the infrastructure solutions, and be in a position to make the necessary changes to ensure current and future demands are met.
What are we looking for?
A strong candidate for this role will have demonstrable experience of the following –
• Vast experience within Data Centre Design and Management, Data Room Layout, Structured Cabling Design
• A proven track record in troubleshooting and resolution of problems across different technologies
• Experience of day to day management of 3rd party contractors delivering Level 3 support (for example Smart Hands).
• A breadth of experience in developing and maintaining the policies and standards, and developing and maintaining processes and procedures documentation, ideally within a data centre environment.
Desirable Skills :
• Managing a Quality Service
• Technical Breadth / ITIL
Where You’ll Work
This base office for this role can be either Farnborough or Corsham.
Candidates should note that there will be regular travel between both sites expected, as a part of this role
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £36,718, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
• Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via email@example.com