|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||Up to £41,311|
|Incentive compensation||Pension + Bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more’.
|Closing date||11 October 2019|
Want to be part of something really big?
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to work in the Special Configuration Squad. This team is responsible for supporting and developing non-windows Desktop products mainly centred around the use of Macbooks. We are looking for someone with the right attitude and aptitude to join our BPDTS Ltd community, and to help implement and support a product that is used by over 90,000 people in the UK’s largest government department.
You will work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives. We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. Our fast-growing digital community is driving that change.
You and your role
You will be part of an energetic 3rd line support team and we are looking for people with broad ranging skills and experience, who will be capable of working across the ‘Current’ and ‘Future’ configuration squads. There will be a balance of work including incident, problem, change and release management.
Our model of assignment means that over time and subject to business needs there will be opportunities to undertake varied roles across different delivery areas, where you will be fully supported in developing your skills.
What are we looking for?
• Expert knowledge in configuring and supporting Macbooks.
• Expert level experience and a successful track record of design, build and operating virtualised services;
• Expert level experience of 1 or more of the following infrastructure technologies: zScaler; OKTA; Jamf; Terraform;
• Virtualisation Technologies including products such as AWS and Azure and Infrastructure Virtualisation Platforms; and Patch Management.
• Significant experience in delivering large scale product delivery models across multiple technology product providers;
• Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with 3rd party suppliers and across all organisational levels: support and engineering, business users, architecture;
• Knowledge of design and engineering techniques for Desktop Infrastructure services to support data at OFFICIAL protective marking level;
• IT Asset Management and managed Software Asset Management;
• Anti-Virus and Endpoint Encryption including Symantec Product Set;
• ITIL Foundation
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join our team in Manchester. In our brilliant Manchester hub we have the best of the city on our doorstep, with loads of great places nearby to meet, eat or to soak up a bit of culture.
We have brilliant views over St Peter’s Square, looking out over Central Library and the Town Hall. We’re also really handy for the train, bus and the tram, and we have a basement level lock up (with showers) for your bike.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
• We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £41,311
• You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
• We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
• We’ll help you balance your life and work
• We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
• We’ll invest in your development with access to networking, coaching, mentoring, learning and accreditation, and career progression opportunities
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
For further info click apply or contact email@example.com