|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Blackpool or Manchester|
|Incentive compensation||+ Pension|
|Work hours||37 per week|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||30 October 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented Infrastructure Engineer with skills in Desktop and SysTrack to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Desktop. Work. Projects.
• You’ll design, test, deliver and Implement analytic reporting dashboards to support the tracking of devices and asset identification (e.g. Asset Management dashboards and ‘EUC’ End user computing dashboards).
• You’ll provide specialist technical support and assistance to projects.
• You’ll employ iterative/incremental development approaches and continuous improvement in our deliveries and advanced analytics for level 2 support through further enhancements on our triage dashboard built specifically for optimising incidents resolution.
• You’ll apply different techniques to methods in analysing and resolving problems, working up new practices and procedures or modify existing processes to improve performance.
• You’ll provide reports of Service performance to the Senior Infrastructure Engineer and other senior leaders
• You’ll write optimized SQL queries, views and triggers for integration with other systems via Systrack dashboards, SQL management tools and the Systrack API.
• You’ll configure SSRS securely and efficiently author, run and schedule SSRS reports.
• You’ll create and manage Databases with efficient structures, and use SQL Management tools fluently to optimise already existing SQL queries.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
• Excellent SQL query writing skills (MCSE/MCP SQL Certified) or equivalent experience.
• Significant Experience with SQL Management tools, SSRS Reporting and SQL Database Schema.
• Significant experience acting as 3rd line support for incidents, problems and changes to infrastructure solutions and services.
• Experience of performing the administration and support of all infrastructure solutions and services.
• Monitoring of infrastructure services and alerts and taking appropriate action.
• Ability to effectively communicate at different levels, across level 2 and level 3 technical teams, business users, architecture and 3rd party suppliers and end users.
• Good Web development experience (HTML5, C# or Python etc.).
• Experience developing Powershell scripts.
• Knowledge of analytical tools such as Lakeside Systrack, SCOM, BMC etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems across multiple technology domains;
• Strong stakeholder management skillsets, with ability to communicate effectively across all organisational levels.
• Experience of technical-change impacting and performing changes in a live service environment.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool or Manchester.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy, DWP transacts around £170 billion in payments each year, operates out of more than 800 locations and has over 84,000 employees. We run one of the most complex IT estates in Western Europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to 40,666 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org