|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||Up to £49,482|
|Incentive compensation||Pension + Bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||20 December 2018|
Infrastructure Engineer – Digital Operations, BPDTS Limited
Want to be part of something really big?
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for talented Infrastructure Engineers with a background in Digital Operations/Systems & Windows Server and Desktop to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. Our fast growing digital community is driving that change.
Your and your role
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer (Digital Operations) who can ensure the delivery of server and infrastructure technologies from design to production, support and maintenance in order to help prevent interruptions to the services delivered. You will be designing and implementing advanced solutions to intelligently monitor and support the wide ranging applications being used across the department.
You will be part of an energetic team, transforming the solutions and services offered to over 90,000 users/desktops and 10,000 mobile device users in the department.
You will work with and support third parties in the provision of infrastructure services, lend your skills to projects, developments and campaigns and also help support the technical development of your other team members
Our model of assignment means that over time and subject to business needs there will be opportunities to undertake varied roles across different delivery areas, where you will be fully supported in developing your skills.
What are we looking for?
- Significant experience acting as 3rd line support for incidents, problems and changes to infrastructure solutions and services
- Significant experience of performing the administration and support of all infrastructure solutions and services
- Experience of technical change impacting, and performing changes in a live service environment
- Monitoring of infrastructure services and alerts and taking appropriate action.
- Experience of configuration and maintenance of file servers
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems across multiple technology domains
- Ability to effectively communicate at different levels, across level 2 and level 3 technical teams, business users, architecture and 3rd party suppliers and end users
- Strong stakeholder management skillsets, with ability to communicate effectively across all organisational levels.
- Good SQL scripting skills (MCSE/MCP SQL Certified) or equivalent experience
- Good web development experience (HTML5, C# or Python etc)
- Experience developing Powershell scripts
- Knowledge of analytical tools such as Lakeside Systrack, SCOM, BMC etc.
- 3rd line infrastructure support experience
- Troubleshooting skills across Windows Server up to and including Server 2016
- Experience troubleshooting Windows10
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in our easy-to-reach digital hub in Manchester. You will work as part of a team of 3rd line infrastructure engineers resolving of incidents, problems and ensuring services operate as required.
Each of our nationwide hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
In Manchester we’re right on St Peter’s Square so dead handy for trams and trains, and we have great views over Central Library and the town hall. It’s our newest (and fanciest) digital hub and some of our most leading edge teams do their thing here. With the best of the city on our doorstep, there are loads of great places to get your lunch or to meet for an after work social nearby too.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £49,482
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
If you really impress us with your skills and experience then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
For further info click apply or contact firstname.lastname@example.org