|Number of vacancies||2|
|Location||Newcastle , Manchester or Blackpool|
|Salary||Up to £58,135|
|Incentive compensation||+ Pension|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||2 February 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose. People. Passion.
We’re looking for talented Infrastructure Engineers with a background in Networks & Telecommunications to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
As an Infrastructure Engineer in DWP you will deliver the transformation of our current networks to a world-class zero-trust environment, where best of breed products and services are deployed and internal capability is enhanced.
We’re in the middle of one of the biggest digital transformations in Europe, a once-in-a-generation reform of how DWP – the UK’s largest government department – deliver services to millions of people. Your role helps form the backbone of that transformation programme.
You will also have ongoing responsibility for the full range of products that make up Network Services. You’ll work in collaboration with a range of internal/external partners, stakeholders and customers to ensure the operational stability, robustness, resilience, availability and quality of DWP Networks.
What are we looking for?
You have got experience of designing, building and supporting:
• Enterprise Data Centre Network solutions, specifically on Cisco Nexus, and F5 infrastructure.
• DNS and DHCP deployment on InfoBlox in large scale organisations circa 100,000 users.
• 802.1x and network Segmentation technologies.
• Secure private gateway solutions to AWS, Azure, O365.
• Implementing security and authentication solutions based on next generation firewalls / application firewalls, specifically Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto, Forum Sentry and F5 BigIP.
• Meraki WIFi campus designs and installations.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in your choice of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Newcastle, Sheffield, Blackpool or Manchester. Find out more about your preferred location here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £58,135, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
• Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
HOW TO APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply now. If you would like to discuss this role and our offer contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org