Number of vacancies
Blackpool, Leeds or Manchester
Up to £34,285
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
25 February 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented Infrastructure Engineer with a focus on security infrastructure, to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Duties. Work. Projects.
Digital Security are responsible for the security products used by DWP.
You will work alongside architects and engineers to implement and support a number of security products. These tools protect services across our hybrid cloud infrastructure covering both traditional data centres and cloud hosting solutions.
You’ll be part of a thriving Engineering community in DWP and across government.
We offer learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meetups and lots more. We are currently recruiting for a range of security engineering roles at different grade levels, you will have clear career paths and opportunities to progress.
If you want to work in an empowered environment which values passion and creativity over hierarchy, we’d love to hear from you.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need to show us when you apply?
• Experience in the deployment and operational support of security tooling across a large enterprise.
• Experience in taking responsibility for making effective decisions in a fair and timely manner.
• Experience of changing ways of working to aid operation within and between teams in order to achieve results.
• Experience in working with teams managing disparate technologies as part of an overall delivery.
Skills and experience in the following are desirable but NOT essential for these roles. You’ll have chance to work with tech in this space and learn loads of new tricks in your new role:
• End-Point Protection
• Server Security
• Vulnerability Management
• Network Security
• Public Key Infrastructure & Certificates
• User Access Management & Identity
• DDoS Protection
• Security Information and Event Management
• Cloud Infrastructure
• System Administration
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in your choice of our digital hubs in either Blackpool, Leeds or Manchester: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £34,285 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working, flexi time and flexi days off
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org