|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Blackpool, Manchester or Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £72,312|
|Incentive compensation||Pension + bonus|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||17 June 2020|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a talented and driven individual to work as Senior Infrastructure Engineer in the enterprise tooling team. This team is responsible for the provision of a technical capability to allow monitoring and performance of Applications, Networks, Storage and other critical infrastructure across the estate, working closely with a wide variety of technical teams and business stakeholders
The role requires that the individual is experienced in assessing, designing, implementing and supporting a broad range of products and services used in enterprise environments.
You will work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives. We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. Our fast-growing digital community is driving that change.
You and your role
You will be part of an energetic Engineering team and we are looking for people with broad ranging skills and experience, and who are adept at working with new products and technologies.
Our model of assignment means that over time and subject to business needs there will be opportunities to undertake varied roles across different delivery areas, where you will be fully supported in developing your skills.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrate Significant Experience in product management, developing standard/repeatable services, with substantiation of successful track record.
- Demonstrate Significant Experience of IT Infrastructure services or applications within a large scale organisation in an engineering context, including:
- Infrastructure Monitoring and Management
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Network Performance Monitoring
- Data Centre Infra Monitoring and Management
- Software Asset Management
- Demonstrate Significant Experience of leading the troubleshooting and resolution of complex issue across multiple enterprise tooling domains.
- Demonstrate Significant Experience of effectively communicating at different levels, across support and engineering, business users, architecture and suppliers.
- Industry recognised certification in an enterprise tooling product or equivalent skills
- ITIL qualifications or equivalent experience / skill
- Significant Experience of design, engineering and consultancy of enterprise tooling, including elements such as event management, service management, discovery, application performance management, business intelligence, network and system configuration, service automation or CMDB
Technical Product knowledge:
- BMC TrueSight
- DynaTrace Application Performance Management
- Nlyte DCIM
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in either Manchester, Newcastle or Blackpool. Each of our nationwide hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things. Get in touch to find out more about your preferred location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £72,312
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
For further info click apply or contact mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org