|Number of vacancies||4|
|Location||Either London, Newcastle or Sheffield|
|Salary||Up to £45,018|
|Incentive compensation||+ Pension|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||22 November 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented Infrastructure Operations Engineer with skills in Data Platforms to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
You’ll prepare and support IT Operations solutions, whether physical or virtual, that enable robust, secure and available DWP services for the people in the UK who really need them. You’ll keep us in line industry and organisational best practices standards, as well as meeting service requirements and Key Performance Indicators.
You’ll be responsible for the operations of secure and highly available Cloudera, Informatica, SAS and Qlik applications. You will install, maintain, patch, upgrade, and continuously improve these applications and services and maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure.
Duties. Work. Projects.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for infrastructure technologies.
• Initiate and monitor actions to investigate, analyse patterns and resolves problems in systems, processes and services. And determine the right fix for the problem
• Ensure that major incidents are escalated and communicated to stakeholders detailing the impact on the business. And facilitate recovery once these incidents are resolved.
• Identify process improvements, and contribute to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
• Assist with the implementation of agreed improvements, remedies to issues and preventative measures.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
• Administrator experience of Cloudera Manager Suite, Hive and Hadoop HDFS, Cloud technologies and environments e.g. Azure and AWS and/or,
• Administrator experience of newer SAS technologies such as SAS Grid administration, SAS Federation Server and SAS Viya and/or,
• Administrator experience of newer Informatica technologies such as Big Data Manager
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in your choice of London, Newcastle or Sheffield: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We offer competitive salary of £35,310 to £45,108, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package. Click Apply for more info on salary and benefits.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working and family friendly policies
• Work in an organisation shortlisted for ‘Best Place to Work in Digital’: https://dwpdigital.blog.gov.uk/2020/09/03/weve-been-shortlisted-for-a-best-place-to-work-in-digital-award/
• Bring your authentic self to work with ‘I can be me in DWP’
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com