|Number of vacancies||8|
|Salary||Up to £37,000|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||16 May 2019|
Want to be part of something really big? If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm. Bring your BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge that will appreciate your contribution. We’d love to hear from you.
No two days are the same as an IT Operations Analyst at DWP Digital. One day your focus will be on performing routine system backups and upgrades and another you’ll be troubleshooting, investigating and diagnosing system faults and errors and/or escalating to your 2nd line team.
As a key part of our infrastructure community with stakes in the delivery of £billion systems and networks you’ll have the opportunity to use your skills to help deliver a once in a generation digital transformation.
In BPDTS Ltd you will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive, and fast growing community of skilled digital professionals you will work in agile and creative ways to improve public services, with the power to make a difference to the lives of 22 million UK citizens.
As we are looking for 8 people this is an opportunity for you to pay it forward and work with your friends so be sure to spread the word that we are hiring!
You and your role
You have first line application infrastructure support experience and you’re keen to take on a new challenge. Here you’ll work with and learn from experienced digital talent, and we’ll help you develop your expertise across infrastructures and networks.
As our IT Operations Analyst you will deliver by proactively monitoring live service, analysis, translation of operational requirements, troubleshooting, incident management and a range of Network and Infrastructure problem resolution.
You will partner and carry out operational reviews in order to help identify and drive business process improvements and Automation in business applications driving continuous service improvement, efficiency and outstanding customer service.
You’ll be working with and Cloud (AWS and Azure) environments and traditional datacentres. You’ll have the opportunity to train, develop and be mentored by peers and senior members of the infrastructure, software development and architecture community. allowing you to craft your very own career path within any one or all of those disciplines.
What are we looking for?
You are a phenomenal communicator…
- You offer best in class customer service to your service users and customers
You’re a product and tech whizz…
- You are able to provide knowledge of IT Infrastructure e.g. Networks, Servers (Wintel, Unix, Linux), Storage, Databases.
- You use technology where possible to increase efficiency.
- You initiate improvement plans to analyse patterns and trends to drive improvements in systems, processes and services within event and incident management processes.
You’re a risk detective…
- You’re comfortable as the first line of defense, responding to alerts and detecting IT service issues before users are impacted.
- You can work with internal teams, supplier and vendor partners to provide seamless monitoring and incident resolution.
- You will follow and support improvements in the Event Management process and monitor checks to ensure that systems are running correctly, whilst applying technical knowledge to understand end to end impacts, and escalating any issues to resolution.
You’re a trouble-shooter…
- You’re great at supporting fellow shift team members in first line fault diagnosis and resolution.
- You’ll support major incident management teams and processes, coordinating and liaising with internal and external teams to minimise service impacting issues.
- You can work with others to identify areas for improvement and simplify processes.
You’re comfortable with ambiguity…
- You can adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
Where will you work?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Manchester. Each hub has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
In Manchester we have the best of the city on our doorstep, with loads of great places nearby to meet, eat or to soak up a bit of culture. We have brilliant views over St Peter’s Square, looking out over Central Library and the Town Hall. We’re really handy for the train or the tram, and we have a basement level lock up (with showers) for your bike.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £37,000 +Shift allowance @ 15%
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Candidate Information Pack’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and then complete a short application form where you’ll upload a CV.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gsi.gov.uk