|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||£34,448 — £39,674|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working
|Closing date||23 February 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
You are responsible for creating the right environment for your multidisciplinary team to succeed, helping them to self-organise whilst creating a culture of learning and transparency. You’ll be a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation reform of government products and services.
As essentially a servant leader, you’ll keep pace with the introduction of relevant agile / lean tools and techniques, and remove obstacles and blockers that might get in the way of delivery.
Duties. Work. Projects. You and your role:
You’ve got the skills, experience, confidence and credibility to deliver projects in a large, complex and unique IT environment.
Here you’ll use a variety of agile and lean tools and techniques to maintain a delivery and learning cadence that helps your team remain focused on delivering value against the product/project vision.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll lead collaborative planning processes, prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team. This might include facilitating daily stand-ups and other sprint ceremonies, and coaching teams on Agile tools and techniques.
You know that a happy team will produce the most amazing work, so you are skilled at building trust, managing team dynamics and motivating people. At DWP Digital we focus on your skills not title, so whether you’re a web migration specialist or from a more general Project Management background we’d love to see your application.
Delivery. Workshops. People. What skills and experience are we looking for?
- You build quality relationships: you manage, build and govern relationships with teams, stakeholders and third party sub-contractors. You can manage team dynamics to ensure we’re all aligned and working to the same goal
- You’re an agile guru: you have knowledge of agile tools and methodologies, and experience of the nitty-gritty of hands-on delivery
- You simply deliver: you drive the creation of the business case, co-ordinate activities across stakeholder groups, and iterate the business case throughout the project lifecycle
- You’re a learning and delivery champion: You facilitate workshops and meetings with a variety of stakeholders, driving out outcomes and establishing the pace of delivery
- You are a risk detective: you manage risks, issues and dependencies (external and internal), taking responsibility by owning them till they are mitigated or resolved
- You’re a leader: you lead by example, acting as a servant-leader demonstrate the right behaviours. You deal with conflict and build a team culture that allows for constructive criticism.
Digital Work Place. A bit about where you’ll work:
You’ll join our team in Blackpool, where you’ll enjoy gym facilities, wellness and relaxation zones, collaboration spaces, coffee shops a canteen and modern office layout. To find out a bit more take a look here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/blackpool/
You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers. Few other organisations globally provide the same opportunity to apply next-generation digital technology on a massive scale to issues which touch the lives of so many.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks. What’s our offer?
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £39,674, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk