Number of vacancies
£31,989 — £34,285
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
• A generous annual leave allowance, starting @ 25 days and rising to 30 days per year
11 April 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Can you solve problems and identify processes?
- Can you pick the right approach to build relationships, and engage and work with a variety of stakeholders?
- Do you like working in a complex, fast-paced environment?
- Do you want to launch a career as a Business Analyst while helping to deliver one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world?
We are offering a great chance to launch a career as a Business Analyst. You’ll join DWP Digital’s vibrant and growing community as a Junior-level Business Analyst.
Data integrity is the word with this role.
You’ll be working as part of an agile multi-disciplinary team along with other BAs, looking at Digital Document Management.
We are embarking on an ambitious transformation of System Generated Customer Notifications (circa 80 million are produced yearly) working collaboratively with teams across the department. Together we’ll deliver technology change projects that make a real difference to DWP and the millions of people who use our services.
Developing World-Class People
You’ll join the largest BA community in government. We’re an active and supportive community committed to helping our people be at their best.
We will help you develop a good understanding of the techniques used by Business Analysts (BAs) and support you as you contribute, by writing draft requirements, user stories, elicitation techniques and working with testers.
You’ll show willingness to learn, good attention to detail, and an ability to work in complex environments, managing interactions and outcomes with internal and external stakeholders. You’ll need a keen eye for problem solving too.
You will be given responsibility as you grow into your role, and under the guidance of other BAs you’ll help deliver real change for DWP by defining requirements and recommending solutions.
You will build your skills and knowledge by working with more experienced BAs and working towards certifications, all with the support of the wider community of practice.
We only ask you to demonstrate these technical skills on your application form:
- You have a keen interest in learning and self-development.
- You’re enthusiastic when it comes to dealing with changes or new challenges.
- You can articulate an approach to engaging and working with stakeholders from a number of different areas and of differing levels of responsibility.
- You can proactively maintain a balance between work and learning.
- You can demonstrate applying an analytical mind-set to a situation or a problem.
- You can demonstrate taking the initiative in recommending an approach to tackling a problem and/or undertaking a piece of work in an rapidly changing environment.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join our team in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We offer a competitive salary up to £34,285 and a brilliant civil service pension of circa 27%.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £34,285, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via email@example.com