Number of vacancies
Blackpool, Manchester, Sheffield
£35,310 — £40,666
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
• A generous annual leave allowance, starting @ 25 days and rising to 30 days per year
7 May 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Are you an experienced Delivery Manager?
- Are you a user-centred design enthusiast?
- Do you have a track record of supporting delivery across multiple phases and through to live?
- Can you support teams in delivery at serious scale?
DWP Digital offers uniquely challenging and fulfilling careers for people who want to use their skills to make a genuine difference to society.
We’re part of the UK’s biggest government department, and along with over 110,00 colleagues and agents, we work with over 22 million people every day to help them to find work, save and get the support they need.
You’ll be a key part of a unique, once-in-a-generation digital transformation of government products and services that are used by so many people, often at critical times in their lives.
Our pension offer is amazing – with circa 27% contributions from your employer – so while you use your skills to create better futures for millions of people in the UK, you’ll also be looking after the future of you and your family.
We also want to ensure our people have a really good work/life balance. You’ll enjoy the benefits of flexible working, including flexi time which means you can manage how and when you work and also take extra days off.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
Discovery – Alpha – Beta – Go!
You will manage the delivery for our Identity and trust services; Identity Access Management (IAM). These services will support in excess of 30 million active citizen accounts and extending to incorporate capabilities such as, identity proofing, transactional risking and behavioural analytics.
You’ll be an exemplary servant leader, steering from the front. You’ll remove blockers and create the right environment for your multidisciplinary teams to succeed, helping them to self-sufficiency and creating a culture of learning and transparency.
Ideally you’ll have supported delivery within the software development life cycle, through all phases.
We’re really looking for hands on delivery of multiple projects and portfolios, seeing it through from end to end, managing delivery right through to live service, a user-centred focus and design, in the context of the software development lifecycle.
It’s a complex landscape and you’ll need your skills a persuasive and engaging communicator, and your experience of delivering and solving cross-cutting problems to get the job done.
You’ll join a thriving community of practice, where you’ll share best practice, insight and support with a bunch of other talented, expert Agile Delivery Managers. Together we’ll continue to embed agile into the fabric of DWP and find ways to innovate.
What skills knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- You’re an experienced guru: Experience of a variety of delivery approaches, including at least two of scrum, Kanban, lean or a scaled agile framework
- You eat complexity for breakfast: You have experience of delivering software across the lifecycle for complex projects
- You’re an experienced tactical and strategic Delivery Manager: Knowledge of live support and service management practices
- You’re a leader: Leading a team which uses user-centred design and modern software engineering methods
For your best chance to land that interview, tailor and structure all the information you present around the above essential criteria. Just giving us your CV/employment history will not give us the insight we need to assess your application effectively.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join our team in our hubs in either Blackpool, Manchester or Sheffield.
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We offer a competitive salary up to £40,666 and a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days (25 days annual leave plus a day for the Queen’s Birthday).
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days off
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
- We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs. Show us what you’ve done, what you know and what you can do in DWP.
If you have any questions or you want more tips for success, reach out to me @ Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk before you apply.