|Number of vacancies||1|
|Work hours||37.5 per week|
Our flexible benefits package includes employer pension contributions of up to 10%, a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%, and lots more.
|Closing date||28 December 2018|
Do you want to be part of something really big? Do you have a good grasp of Oracle Database Vault and Oracle Security & Enterprise Manager?
Are you a great trouble-shooter? Are you looking for career progression?
Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation? Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
We are in the midst of one of the largest digital transformation in Europe and we currently have a super –talented Engineering & QA Practice community of 28 as part of the IT Service Management. We are looking for an additional Junior Oracle DBA with expertise in Oracle Database Vault/Oracle Security.
About you and the role
BPDTS Ltd iprovides Application Development Maintenance and Support services to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). You will be part of an organisation responsible for the delivery of digital platforms and services, real-time analytics and flexible infrastructure, providing secure and resilient services to DWP. Joining an innovative, supportive community of skilled digital professionals, you will work in agile and creative ways in order to improve technology services, to the benefit of nearly every UK citizen.
As an Associate/Junior Oracle DBA you have a commitment to learn on the job and work towards becoming a skilled practitioner and developing strong business and technical expertise. The role will involve providing first-line Production Operations DBA support for Oracle to quickly resolve user incidents. You will also be involved with standard daily DBA activities including database security, monitoring and tuning, backup and recovery, patching, database sizing/capacity management, problem determination and resolution and technical documentation.
The role will be based out of Newcastle and the working hours will be flexible. The team provides 24×7 on-call cover on a rota basis and the successful candidate would be expected to join the rota after an initial training period.
Please note that this role requires SC Clearance at BPSS level which may take up to 4 weeks
What are we looking for?
- Reporting on incidents / change queues for the DBA Team
- Database User Administration
- Managing Automated Database Tooling i.e. Database Vault, Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Producing Diagnostic reports e.g. AWR and ADDM to assist Application Support Teams
- Upholding the Oracle Database Security Framework as per existing Security policy
- 1st Line Support for user incidents
- Producing enterprise standard documentation as well as maintaining any existing documentation
- Out-of-hours work in support of deployments / releases of new functionality
- Support the business in efforts to improve service / performance
- Joining the 24 / 7 on-call rota
- Oracle 11 G and 12 c (knowledge preferred)
- Database Vault /Oracle Security
- Operational Knowledge of Oracle Database Vault and other Security Products (OLS).
- Working knowledge of ITIL Processes
- Experience of working in an IT Live Support environment.
- Monitoring of the systems and compliance
- Reporting and managing of low level Incidents
- Shell Scripting
- Basic PL / SQL knowledge
- Working knowledge of Oracle SQL
- The ability to produce enterprise documentation
The key attributes that we value for this role are…
- Works independently and proactively to deliver agreed outcomes – but works equally well in a team
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Proactive /Fast Learner who can pick things up quickly
- Technical Adaptable
- Proactive with confidence to help with process Improvement
- Flexibility/ Working out of hours with on-call rota
Where will you work?
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Newcastle.
Each of our nationwide hubs has been designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multi-disciplinary teams think big and try new things.
Our central hubs have the best of each location on our doorstep. In Newcaste we have a range of facilities inside from coffee shops and restaurants, to a 5-a-side pitch, gym facilities and loads more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £26,992 dependant on level of expertise
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information and to start your application click Apply. You will need to register your CV and add a supporting statement on our online application portal.
Please contact email@example.com if you require any additional details.