|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Leeds, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Sheffield|
|Salary||£31,989 — Up to £34,285|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19
|Closing date||30 October 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Do you have manual regression testing experience?
- Knowledge of SQL?
- Are you driven to deliver a quality service?
We are looking for a talented Junior QA Tester to join our elite Data and Analytics Test team. You will be responsible for delivering real value to millions of UK citizens and thousands of DWP agents through innovative, accessible and efficient digital services.
Within the Testing Practice, we are looking to develop our capability through the use of traditional and agile principles, and implementing modern tools and technologies to deliver high quality services.
You’ll be part of supportive community of digital experts and work as part of multi-disciplinary agile teams. We invest in our people so we’ll help you develop your skills and experience as you build your career in engineering with us.
Find out what we’re working on and all about life at DWP Digital on our blog: https://dwpdigital.blog.gov.uk/
Duties. Work. Projects.
As a Junior QA Tester, you will be responsible for ensuring out customers receive high quality data products. Whether our customers are internal or external providing them with the correct data is of vital importance.
You will use a combination of languages, such as SQL, and testing/automation tools to query the data provided and ensure it is giving the customer the intended product.
We are always looking for new ways of working and improving existing automation and we welcome curious minds and good ideas.
In this role you will:
- Understand business requirements and produce associated test scripts.
- Identify test data requirements and create data sets.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of defects and issues.
- Knowledge of test tools and their associated pros and cons.
- Share, knowledge and lessons learned with other teams.
- Understand the Software Development Lifecycle and the role of Testing within this.
- Understand Agile and Waterfall delivery principles, methodology and tools.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Manual regression testing
- Knowledge and experience using SQL
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in Newcastle, Leeds or Sheffield.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £ 34,285, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
We value capability over experience, and we’ll ask you to demonstrate the depth and breadth of your skills/knowledge in your application. We want to see what have you delivered before when using our key technologies, what technical solutions have you shaped, your knowledge of providing technical product support. Show us what you can do.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk