|Location||Manchester and Sheffield|
|Salary||£31,989 - £34,343|
|Work hours||37 per week (flexible working)|
• Learning and development tailored to your role
|Closing date||28 October 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
Do you want to make a real difference to how our society works?
Do you want to work with some of the most innovative thought leaders in Identity and Access Management?
Do you want a role that will put you on a fast track to development and career progression?
Then you need to be working for DWP Digital on Identity. Click APPLY now to start an application.
Dynamic Trust. Writing Code. Passwordless Access.
This is a unique opportunity to join a forward thinking and dynamic team. We’re designing and implementing one of the largest Identity Access Management solutions in Europe, expected to support over 30 million accounts.
Digital Identity is arguably one of the defining aspects of modern society. It’s the gatekeeper to essential services like banking, transport, education and, increasingly, to our welfare services.
Many of our most vulnerable citizens struggle to prove they are who they say they are. Our team work to increase access to the services people rely on, reducing barriers to digital and other channels, and increasing the trust between us and our users.
Here you’ll build your skills alongside experienced engineers and a multi-disciplinary community of digital experts. This is a unique opportunity to learn about Government, Architectural, and Engineering principles while delivering technologically trailblazing products and services which improve outcomes for millions of real people in the UK.
What skills, knowledge and experience are we looking for?
- Knowledge of developing on cloud based environments like AWS and Azure
- Good understanding of TDD and BDD
- SQL and noSQL database applications like Postgres, MySQL, and MongoDB
- Distributed version control systems (eg Git)
- Containerisation tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Knowledge of concepts like APIs, RESTful services and Microservice Architectures
What will I do day-to-day?
- Deliver software components which form part of key products
- Transform business requirements into production ready code
- Develop reusable libraries and services
- Produce comprehensive suites of automated unit and integration tests to ensure code quality
- Identify and resolve issues preventing delivery
- Produce technical documentation
- Identify ways to optimise the current development process
- And lots more
Where will I work?
You’ll join us in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in either Manchester or Sheffield. Find out more about our working in our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We’ve just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
Development. Wages. Perks.
We offer competitive salary up to £34,343, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.