|Location||Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle|
In addition to salary there is a very competitive pension, a generous annual leave allowance, great work/life balance including flexible working, family friendly policies and much more.
|Closing date||25 July 2018|
Lead and Senior Digital Portfolio Managers – Up to £69,407 plus great benefits and work life balance
If you’re creative and curious to learn, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Lead and Senior Digital Portfolio Managers to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the world. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
We’re looking for a Lead and Senior Digital Portfolio Managers with experience of working in a large scale Technology environment. Here you’ll manage a Digital Function Portfolio and build portfolio management capability with your immediate team and also into the broader Portfolio Management Community of Practice
In these roles you would be responsible for, and be critical to, the day to day management & successful delivery of Portfolio Management services for a Digital Group Function. This will include regularly tracking the portfolio for delivery progress to offer constructive advice, share design and delivery patterns and escalate projects where delivery progress needs to accelerate.
We want credible, collaborative senior leaders who can use their experience and talent to effectively Lead Digital governance within the Function, including managing any front door impacting & demand and Identify, collate, track and unblock dependencies across projects (both within the function and cross-cutting between functions).
You will have:
- Proven ability to pro-actively & effectively manage a large scale, complex and inter-related portfolio of technology projects and programmes comprising change, refresh, maintenance and core delivery (including – but not exclusively – portfolio tooling, progress reporting, issue resolution, tracking, prioritisation, managing complex inter-dependencies, managing significant expenditure and mitigating risks)
- Proven experience in application development, infrastructure delivery or service management using large scale agile and waterfall delivery methodologies
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, in particular strong communication skills (including reporting and presentational skills to Executive boards)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, in particular strong communication skills (including reporting and presentational skills to Executive boards)
- Experience of delivering products in multi-team, multi-supplier environments including the ability to work across organisational boundaries and build alliances across the wider organisation
- Experience in application development, infrastructure delivery or service management using large scale agile and waterfall delivery methodologies
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of easy-to-reach digital hubs in Newcastle, Blackpool or Manchester. Each of modern and vibrant workplaces have designed for and by our communities. We work flexibly in agile, multidisciplinary teams using the latest tech and tooling. We care about our people and we support each other.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £69,407 for the Lead role and £56,707 for the Senior role, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- And lots more
Building Our Future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in your ability.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information and to start your application click apply or contact: Dean.email@example.com
Your contact will act as an expression of interest, and we will quickly get back to you with a full job description and details on how to formally apply.