|Location||Blackpool, Newcastle & Sheffield|
|Salary||£60,740 — Up to £83,846|
• Learning and development tailored to your role
|Closing date||21 September 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
- Are you a Leader in Data Architecture who lives, breathes and shapes data strategy?
- Have you passionate about defining strategy domain modelling and business process and embedding standards?
- Can you design and create architecture patterns and GDPR data governance principles?
- Do you have exemplary senior stakeholder management skills?
- And are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation? Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
This is an exciting and critical time to join DWP Digital. We are transforming the way DWP delivers services to meet the evolving needs of society and our workforce of 86,000 and our 22 million users.
This Lead Data Architect role sits right at the heart of that transformation. It’s a big role, a massive challenge and a huge opportunity. If that sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, get in touch.
Data. Work. Projects: You and your role
Data drives what we do in DWP Digital.
As a Lead Data Architect at DWP Digital, you will provide expert guidance and leadership on the development of data strategy, data-based products, data governance and quality assurance.
You will also work with the chief data architect, data domain architect, technical architects and wider stakeholder groups to help create and deliver a world class data as a service offering to the department.
You’ll have the credibility and capability to provide strategic insight across our teams and projects. You’ll lead and manage the Senior Data Architect team, leading on component design and overall strategy to define a holistic approach across the DWP Digital enterprise.
You take responsibility for your own development and you’re on top of the latest trends. You will take a hands on approach to implementing proven techniques for data transformation within enterprise scale organisations like ours.
You’ll collaborate with and influence stakeholders of all levels and backgrounds, driving uptake of our data strategy and architecture model. You’ll also build strong links across other government departments and into the private sector to influence best practice and share insight.
This is an influential, impactful role in which you will be leading work that shapes and transforms DWP into a data driven organisation for the 21st century and beyond. If you’re up for that challenge, click apply now.
What skills and experience are we looking for
- Experience of delivering data governance principles and policies.
- Good working knowledge of databases and the difference between different technologies.
- Experience and a proven track record in leading multiple data architecture projects.
- Expert understanding and experience of leading under multiple methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, fail fast).
- Experience of leading data architecture teams in line with corporate strategies using internal and external resources
- Knowledge of Data Governance, Data Standards and MetaData Management
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in your choice of our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool, Newcastle or Sheffield.
Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary for this role is up to £83,846 per annum dependent on level of skills and experience, a brilliant civil service pension of 27% + and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com