Number of vacancies
Blackpool, Leeds, Newcastle-upon-Tyne or Sheffield
£60,740 — up to £77,343
37 hours per week
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working and lots more…
3 December 2020
Are you a strategic leader with a passion for data and modern engineering practices?
Can you drive transformational change in a large, diverse data engineering environment?
Can you innovate, inspire and promote a modern standards approach, a customer centric model and better processes and practice?
And are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then click APPLY now, we’d love to hear from you!
DWP Digital With Purpose.
DWP is UK’s largest government department. Millions of people use our products and services and we make billions of £ of payments.
Our DWP Digital teams are transforming these services. We’re using the power of technology to make our services more available, more accessible and simpler to use and run. It is a once-in-a-generation digital transformation programme that will change, on an epic scale, how people interact with government.
Data Engineering is a critical part of our digital ambitions. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and innovative Lead Data Engineer to help us transform data management and data services.
Duties. Work. Projects.
You’ll lead our thriving Data & Analytics practice. You’ll promote and develop your team, organise events and learning opportunities, and set the direction for our Data community.
You’ll drive us to build quality data products and services, in line with industry best practice. You’ll provide our strategic vision, championing value creation and modernising data products and service delivery.
You’ll have proven experience in a large scale data-driven organisation, leading design, build, test and deployment activities for data services with a focus on self-service and data quality.
You’ll be our expert voice on Data Engineering, an ambassador for your practice to shape the best outcomes. You’ll provide deep technical expertise to many multi-disciplined teams, building and embedding Data Engineering capability across DWP Digital and wider government.
You’ll also join a motivated senior leadership team. Together we’ll develop and deliver our data services that work for us and our users.
What skills & experience we are looking for?
• A strong understanding and application of the most appropriate modern standards and practices for data and software engineering as a service.
• You have identified opportunities to enhance capability in alignment with business goals through the recognition of new digital technologies.
• Sound leadership and where they have taken responsibility for coaching and guiding others.
• Leadership in the delivery of providing technical advice and guidance to suppliers and customers
• Ideally you will also have experience of larger digital organisation or a digital estate with large scope and breadth
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in your choice of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in either Blackpool, Sheffield, Leeds or Newcastle Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
Lot of us are working at home at the moment due to Covid-19. We have all the tech and tools we need to work flexibly.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £77,343 per annum, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working and family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Bring your authentic self to work with ‘I can be me in DWP’
• Learning and progression tailored to your career and ambitions; opportunities to be a coach and mentor
APPLY: For further information and to start an application click apply or contact email@example.com if you’d like chat first.