|Number of vacancies||3|
|Location||Blackpool, Leeds, London, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Sheffield|
|Salary||£59,258 — Up to £76,843|
|Work hours||37 hours per week|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working and lots more..
|Closing date||16 December 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
Are you a consultative and strategic leader who can design and deliver a bespoke Data Governance roadmap? Can you apply your subject matter expertise to meet the unique needs of the business?
Can you meet the challenge of breaking new ground and adapt a best practice Data Governance model to a large scale Enterprise domain? And are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then look no further, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for 3 talented Lead Data Governance Managers to join our growing community of experts on our Data & Analytics practice and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the Europe.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Why are we hiring?
We live in an internet-enabled state, where data is at the heart of much of our social interaction. At the same time, with the increasing move to online service delivery and the passing of the Digital Economy Act and the Data Protection Act, we’re facing an unprecedented challenge and opportunity around the use of personal and system data to improve services to citizens.
DWP is engaged in a period of transformational change in order to ready ourselves for the developing data-centric world. This will involve not only a major technological transformation but also in terms of culture and organisational design.
Data & Analytics is at the heart of this, working to become the central nervous system of the department, providing a holistic data service to the organisation with safe, trusted and enriched data to drive the right decisions for our citizens and for DWP, through tools which meet business needs.
This is a big challenge, but also a big opportunity. You will get the chance to work on one of the biggest, most ambitious Digital transformation programmes in Europe. You will have the chance to use and stretch your abilities, strengthen your experience and continue your professional development in a supportive environment.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
• Experience of developing and introducing Data Governance Strategy in a data focused large-scale Enterprise.
• Experience of applying data governance and data management practices, in particular setting and applying data management policies, standards and processes.
• Experience of developing and introducing a Data Governance performance and quality measurement system to ensure organisational compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities. Using these as a catalyst for improvement and risk reduction.
• Demonstrable consultancy skills and the ability to influence the way things are done, utilising change management concepts and strategies, including communication and culture change.
• Extensive knowledge of data structures, standards, security practices as well as regulatory and legal requirements relating to data.
• Experience in data integrity frameworks, and the application of data standards.
What will I be doing?
As a Lead Data Governance Manager at DWP you will work closely with the Head of Data Governance and DWP Senior leaders to set and implement our Data Governance strategy.
You will lead a Management and Oversight Team responsible for developing and maintaining Data Governance within DWP. The team will be part of the Central DWP Data Governance Team which reports directly to the DWP Chief Data Officer within the DWP Data & Analytics Directorate.
You will oversee all organisation-wide data governance activities and will have responsibility for improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets.
You will focus on developing and maintaining a Data Governance Function to ensure adherence to an Enterprise Data Governance Framework for data policies, standards and practices, for all of DWP.
You’ll help us achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
You will be responsible for Data Governance risks/issues. So you’ll act as the point of escalation for the DWP Data Protection Governance Board to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements and support the strategic requirements of the department.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hubs in either Blackpool, Leeds, London, Newcastle-upon-Tyne or Sheffield. Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary for this role is up to £71,154 per annum (National) and up to £76,843 per annum (London) a brilliant civil service pension of 27% + and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working and friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities
• Learning, development and career progression opportunities.
Click APPLY to start an application on CSJobs. For further information click apply or contact firstname.lastname@example.org