|Location||Blackpool, Leeds & London|
|Salary||Up to £76,843|
In addition to salary there is a very competitive pension, a generous annual leave allowance, great work/life balance include flexible working, family friendly policies and much more.
|Closing date||13 October 2019|
If you’re creative and skilled, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Business Performance & Planning Managers to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and high profile digital transformation programmes in the world.
As a Performance & Planning Manager you will be an integral part of the team and lead a Business Management Team to ensure delivery of the Directors strategy and business plan.
If you are looking for a role that differs from the norm, where you will use your skills to help real people, you will struggle to find a bigger, more challenging and rewarding opportunity anywhere in the UK. Click through or get in touch to find out more.
You and your role
You’re an experienced Business Performance & Planning Manager – we know the value and importance of your skills to the work we’re doing.
As a Lead Digital Business Performance & Planning Manager you will be integral in informing and shaping new ways of working across Digital Group, leading specifically on Strategy & Governance, Financial Management & Assurance, Internal Audit & Risk, Workforce Planning, Portfolio Management and much more – this truly is an exciting and challenging role offering exposure to so many areas and will give you opportunities to use your initiative and forward thinking approach to drive change forward.
This is a high profile role supporting Digital Group Executive Team members to achieve Digital’s Strategic outcomes.
We will offer you opportunities to thrive and develop your career, to solve big problems, to work with and influence the most senior people in our organisation, and to develop your skills and network.
- Experience of leadership, in both developing a team, and working across professional boundaries within a diverse senior stakeholder environment
- Ability to analyse data, draw conclusions, make recommendations and credibly present information in order to influence and persuade board members to take action or make decisions
- Experience of leading and facilitating the development and communication of a business plan including the tracking and monitoring of key strategic outcomes
- Experience of financial planning, management and governance at a Director level
- Experience of analysing, forecasting and planning workforce supply and demand
- Experience of designing and implementing KPIs and Performance indicators to measure deliverables outlined in a Business Plan
- Experience of working in a complex Digital organisation, or demonstrable understanding of how complex Digital organisations operate in the context of this role
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs in Blackpool, Leeds or London.
Find out more about the great facilities at your preferred location here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
In DWP you will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers. We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £76,843, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning, development, coaching and mentoring
- Career pathways and progression
- And lots more
For further information and to start your application click apply.
We value capability over experience – so we’ll ask you to demonstrate your breadth and level of knowledge. We want to see what have you delivered using our key technologies, what technical solutions have you shaped, what your knowledge of providing technical product support is… show us what you can do.
If you want to discuss the role with us please contact me via email@example.com
The deadline for formal applications is midnight on 13th October 2019.