|Number of vacancies||1|
|Location||Blackpool or Manchester|
|Salary||£59,258 — £71,154|
|Work hours||37 hours per week|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||23 February 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
Can you drive digital performance and reporting? Do you have awesome stakeholder management skills to Digital Director General level? And are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation? Then click apply today we’d love to hear from you!
Everything we do in DWP Digital is driven by user needs – whether for our 86,000 colleagues or 20 million customers. Our products enable delivery of support which helps millions of people,such as Universal Credit, Personal Independence Payment and New State Pension. Internally, we’re modernising one of Europe’s biggest IT estates across 800 locations, and creating a ‘digital workplace’ to help colleagues connect and collaborate.
As a Lead Digital Business Performance & Planning Manager you will be integral in informing and shaping new ways of working across Digital Group, leading specifically on Performance and Reporting. This is a high profile role supporting Digital Group Executive Team members to achieve our strategic outcomes.
Duties. Work. Projects.
You and your role:
This is a huge and exciting opportunity for a strategic Lead Digital Business Performance & Planning Manager. You’ll work with digital practice leads and our most senior leaders to provide valuable insight and analysis into reporting, so we can improve and streamline and re-negotiate digital performance standards.
You’ll present and report for the whole digital portfolio and for Digital Group generally. This will mean you are responsible for management of risk, audit, and group level finance, workforce planning and business planning against the Digital group as a whole, and that you’ll examine how the business is performing.
You’ll write compelling stories that read across all performance, including financial, joining the dots and making recommendations to drive improvement and deliver the deliverables.
You’ll also make strategic recommendations to Digital Executive team, meaning a real opportunity to shape the direction and strategy of DWP and how we deliver a once-in-a-generation transformation of the way government delivers products and services.
What skills & experience we are looking for?
• Leadership experience, including introducing and embedding new ways of working both in own team and across the wider professional family.
• Experience of developing frameworks which measure and improve organisational performance.
• Proven ability to communicate relevant, compelling, performance stories for both internal and external audiences; bringing together organisation-wide views & perspectives, and explaining complex issues using sensitivity & political judgement.
• Proven ability to analyse data, draw conclusions, make recommendations and credibly present information in order to influence and persuade board members to take action or make decisions
• Experience of working across professional and organisational boundaries within a diverse senior stakeholder environment.
• Experience of working in a complex Digital organisation, or demonstrable understanding of how complex Digital organisations operate in the context of this role
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in either in Blackpool and Manchester.
Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
Here we provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £71,154 per annum, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
• Sports and social activities and lots more.
• Opportunities for personal and career development, mentoring, coaching and lots more as part of a learning organisation.
Click apply for more information and to start an application via Civil Service Jobs.
If you’d like a chat before you apply please contact email@example.com