|Salary||£60,740 — up to £72,933|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||21 September 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP are looking for ambitious Lead Digital Project Managers to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
We’re looking for people who want to work on demanding and exciting digital services for the UK Government. You’ll be part of creating a flagship welfare reform programme that will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people.
A Lead Digital Project Manager will manage the end-to-end delivery of programmes or projects with high risk or those which have significant business impact. You’ll ensure projects/programmes are commercially viable and deliver value, giving full consideration to impacts and opportunities for existing services.
You’ll create collaborative environments across organisational boundaries. You will manage a complex stakeholder environment, set the pace for delivery and work with internal teams and/or external suppliers to deliver projects and programmes successfully. You will help set the standards for project management practices in an increasingly agile environment and coach/mentor more junior members of the delivery community.
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate they can manage dependencies in a complex environment whilst also working at pace. In our environment there’s not alot of time on the ball so we need people who are good at solving problems quickly. We use a mix of methodologies so we also need someone who is comfortable working across a range of teams
Our work and the tech we use is cutting edge. The scale and context we work in is unique. We think this is a brilliant opportunity to join DWP and get career defining experience in a pivotal role. You’ll be looking after citizen attributes for DWP and across government, so it’s a opportunity to be at the heart of transformations in the DWP. We think this is an exciting job with lots of responsibility and accountability and a genuine chance to make a difference.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage a number of digital programmes or projects in parallel, ensuring they are delivered within time, scope and cost constraints, lead a team of Digital Project Managers to help delivery projects.
- Manage risks, issues and dependencies (external and internal) for complex programmes and coach other members of the Digital Project Management community to help them manage risks and issues effectively
- Manage team dynamics, lead by example, demonstrating the right behaviours. Deal with conflict and helps establish a positive team culture.
- Manage stakeholder relationships at the most senior level, helping resolve strategic risks, issues or conflict
- Help set priorities for the project and help and support other members of the Digital Project Manager community to navigate complex stakeholder environment.
- Manage supplier relationships at a strategic level, helping resolve complex or high risk commercial issues and ensuring value for money for the department.
- Line manage, mentor, coach and support the senior digital project managers and help identify development and growth opportunities for them.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- Demonstrable history of delivering large-scale, complex projects and programmes at pace
• Experience of leading a continual planning process in a highly complex environment, identifying and managing dependencies, and coordinating delivery across multiple teams.
• Able to resolve large or high risk commercial management issues
• Demonstrable ability to deliver clear messages in sensitive environments, and to influence key senior stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes.
• Able to manage team dynamics and motivate teams to be fully engaged in their work.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Newcastle upon Tyne. Find out more about working in Newcastle here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tech and tools we need to work flexibly. Many of us are currently working from home due to Covid-19.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £72,933 brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org