Number of vacancies
Newcastle, Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester or Blackpool
£59,258 — Up to £80,000
37 per week (flexible working)
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation
• Career progression opportunities and lots more
21 July 2020
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for a Lead Enterprise Architect to join and lead DWP Digital’s growing community of experts.
We’re living in extraordinary times, with unprecedented need for DWP products and services in our communities. So it’s never been more important for us to hire people like you, with the expert skills and values we need to power a once-in-a-generation digital transformation and revolutionise how people interact with government.
With our users at the heart of everything we do, together we’ll make our services easier and faster to access, quicker and more efficient to develop, more scalable, and more available to the people who need them.
Duties. Work. Projects.
You’re a leader and will be part of a small core team of Enterprise Architects helping to drive strategy and grow the next generation of DWP technical leaders.
You’re a leading voice in Enterprise Architecture, a recognised expert and advisor.
You have the experience of complexity and scale to be able to understand DWP ecosystems. You’ll shape how we work and build the capability of our practice, while driving DWP’s tech strategy forward across lines of business and shared platforms.
DWP’s strategy is to enable customer self-service and automate wherever possible, and to better connect our services to support those with complex needs. You will be able to contextualise and implement the latest, emerging thinking within DWP.
Your impact and goals will be to drive the creation of reusable enterprise application services and their adoption and exploitation across DWP policy areas. You will create more joined up citizen and agent services and maximise business efficiency, creating better outcomes for the millions of people that access our services.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Building business cases for investment of multi-millions of pounds.
• Influencing and making strategic recommendations at CIO and Director level in a large scale corporate environment, and transformation roadmap planning.
• Architecture Design and modelling techniques, tools and standards.
• Shaping, supporting and governing technology initiatives, projects, programmes and portfolios.
• Leading delivery of business critical IT projects/services in a large, complex UK central government or private sector organisation.
• Presenting to large technical audiences, and IT/Finance governance boards.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team at one of our digital hubs in either Blackpool, Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester or Newcastle.
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
*Please note that, under normal circumstances, this role will also involve travel to the other DWP digital hubs on a regular basis.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link