|Location||Newcastle or Manchester|
|Salary||Up to £70,102|
In addition to salary there is a very competitive pension, a generous annual leave allowance, great work/life balance include flexible working, family friendly policies and much more.
|Closing date||20 January 2019|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
DWP Support Services are transforming their current ways of working and establishing operational teams to deliver services in the digital age. The dual location User Experience Command Centre (UXCC) is a critical service component, providing 24 x 7 “eyes on glass” coverage as we build towards industry leading technology.
There are a number of transformational changes being implemented in DWP Digital, one of which is the increased use of hyper-scale cloud technology alongside our traditional on premise hosting.
As a result of our large transformation the UXCC is expanding coverage for cloud based applications and as such we will be looking for Lead IT operations controllers who will be expected to lead a number of UXCC functions, including monitoring, event/incident/problem management, batch management, access control management and continually enhancing our User Experience journey as we are transforming the team to provide monitoring services for our cloud based services
As the Lead IT Operations Controller you will define, implement and be accountable for a world class Operations Control service for DWP. Within this role you will ensure the service aligns to the strategic vision and goals of DWP, meeting the needs of its users and exceeding their expectations through consistent and innovative improvements in proactive service monitoring.
You will define the strategy, roadmap and implementation approach, to enable high performing delivery which, transforms the service delivered by the Operations Control Centre.
As a functional lead the Lead IT Operations Controller will be committed to maintaining the stability of the production environment, with an ultimate goal of zero production hours lost and will be committed to continued operational improvement by implementing standard and innovative ways of working whilst assuring that DWP best practice is followed.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in the management development, deployment and support of functional teams delivering 24×7 command and control outcomes across traditional hosting and cloud environments and will have proven experience in transforming core Service Management processes and will champion the digital culture and practices across our operational community.
Essential skills required:
- The ability to drive the correct implementation of standards and procedures.
- Proactively reviews information in conjunction with service level agreements to identify availability and capability issues, and specifies required changes.
- Owns remedial activities and the ability to capture customer and user needs whilst measuring service value to ensure that needs are met.
- We require a IT Operations controller who understands the interdependencies in services and delivery, to achieve maximum value to stakeholders.
- ITIL v.3 Foundation or equivalent is required for this role
We are also looking for someone who can drive the identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements, ensuring that the organisation derives maximum value from changes.
Other core duties include:
- To lead, communicate, facilitate and resolve outputs and decisions, to act as a focal point for communications during high profile issues.
- Developing the strategic and tactical roadmaps for technologies and services in areas of responsibility, ensuring they are future proofed.
- Ensures organisation derives maximum value from investment in new technologies.
- Leading and developing a team of experts to deliver service improvements across Service Management functions.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of easy-to-reach digital hubs in Newcastle or Manchester. Each of modern and vibrant workplaces have designed for and by our communities. We work flexibly in agile, multidisciplinary teams using the latest tech and tooling. We care about our people and we support each other.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £70,102, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- And lots more
Building Our Future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in your ability.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
For further information and to start your application click the apply button.