|Number of vacancies||1|
|Salary||up to £80,198|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||26 August 2019|
Lead Product Owner – Next Generation Contact Centre: Up to £80,198, plus great pension, benefits, flexible working and real work/life balance
If you’re creative with a passion for learning new things, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring your ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for talented Lead Product Owner – Next Generation Contact Centre to join DWP’s Digital Channels Department and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes, a once-in-a-generation reform of government products and services.
What is Digital Channels?
Digital Channels is a key enabler in DWP’s journey to becoming a modern, digital organisation. And it’s big. We’re redesigning and delivering distinct but interrelated communication channels to over 20 million citizens each year. We handle 120million transactions each year, rising to 210million by 2022/23.
With a focus on intelligent technology, citizen-led design, and automation, we’re developing an Omni-channel service that will provide a high quality, integrated and seamless customer experience and save up to £450m by 2023.
You’ll join our award winning Next Generation Contact Centre (NGCC) team.
DWP’s Next Generation Contact Centre is one of the largest contact centre networks operating in the UK. Supporting more than 28,000 agents in over 135 locations as they deal with 6 million calls per month. As a result we have a unique opportunity to transform the way DWP communicates with citizens.
Our service is built on a market-leading Genesys platform, unlocking functionality that will allow DWP to deliver an orchestrated, Omni-channel experience for citizens, improve internal communication, support information sharing and assure security.
NGCC and Genesys won the Gold Award for Innovation at the European Contact Centre and Customer Service Awards. Over the next three years we will continue to innovate to enhance the user experience and drive efficiency.
You and your role
As a leader of an enterprise contact centre operation, you will manage the evolution of the highly visible and key strategic platform NGCC in DWP Digital. You’ll provide strategic and tactical product leadership for the change programme management and automation strategy ensuring maximum exploitation of NGCC digital capabilities.
You’ll use your expertise to support the service owner and our business goals, to establish and communicate a clear direction for NGCC product and change management programmes and service, whilst maintaining the high level roadmap. You’ll also be responsible for “keeping the lights on” and maintaining live service.
You’ll offer extensive experience and depth in people and thought leadership with demonstrable involvement in the creation and conception of a significant programme, product or project.
As this is a huge scale contact centre operation, experience leading an enterprise contact centre programme would be helpful too.
What are we looking for?
- You’re a product and strategy guru: you have created and communicated a product roadmap for contact centre technology, delivered though leadership, strategy and direction for product in a large and complex organisational context.
- You simply deliver: you have successfully delivered one or more products meeting a number of successful outcomes as well as supporting live service running
- You’re on top of industry trends: you are in touch and involved in the latest technology and automation solutions trends
- You can solve it like Sherlock: you can make effective decisions based on incomplete information using a range of techniques. You solve problems and empower others to do the same.
- You’re an effective communicator: you take and act upon challenge from stakeholders. You work across department or functional boundaries in order to effectively communicate a product vision and gain stakeholder buy in. You have also worked with users to articulate their needs and communicated these to a product team.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team in our brilliant Manchester hub. On St Peter’s Square we are easy to reach by bus, train, tram or bike (we have basement lock up with showers for cyclists) and we have the best of the city on our doorstep.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
In Channels we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £80,198, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via Mimi.Enefiok@dwp.gov.uk