£49,171 — £59,589
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
11 May 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK’s largest government department. We make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented Lead QA Tester to work within our children team on services that will affect the lives of millions of children and parents in the UK.
Our DWP Digital teams use fresh ideas and leading edge technologies to create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
You’ll be working within our Children team, driven by an extraordinary and unique purpose. Your role is integral to projects that will revolutionise the way people interact with DWP. Your work with directly impact millions of children, parents and carers across the UK.
You’ll need an intuitive knowledge of testing, and be able to convey testing approaches and strategies to a multi-site team, both onshore and offshore. You’ll leading this team to delivery quality and grow our capability by sharing best practices, knowledge and insights.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
- A background in QA testing
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile, you’ll understand the transition between the two, how that affects your testing strategies and approaches, and how to define and communicate these with stakeholders and collaborators
- A thorough understanding of the SDLC, with the ability to identify risk based approaches to testing and understand complex integration activities between core systems and COTS packages
- Able to identify test process optimisation opportunities and contribute to process optimisation.
- Identifying and communicating best practices, promoting test community participation/activities and growth.
- Strong communication skills promoting cross team collaboration, with experience of mentoring and coaching test colleagues.
Details. Wages. Perks.
You’ll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Newcastle. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £59,589 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 25 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Family friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with ‘I Can Be Me in DWP’
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com