Number of vacancies
Leeds OR Newcastle
£60,740 — £80,000 per annum
37 per week (flexible working)
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation
• Work in an environment shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
• Career progression opportunities and lots more
8 February 2021
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for a Lead Security Architect to be one of DWP Digital’s growing community of experts and join the Citizen Information product delivery unit (PDU) as security of DWP services and citizen data is at the heart of everything we design and build.
We’re living in extraordinary times, with unprecedented need for DWP products and services in our communities.
It’s crucial we have experienced and expert security architects working alongside the technical architects in our multi-disciplinary agile teams as we develop services that are easier to access, more efficient to develop, more scalable, safer and more available to the people who need them.
Being an Architect here at DWP Digital is challenging, but rewarding. Check out the following blogs and hear from those currently meeting that challenge head on:
Improving security and reliability through technical architecture
Inside the mind of a security architect
My surprise on returning to DWP Digital
Duties. Work. Projects.
In this expert level, leadership role you will be blending your deep knowledge and experience in technical security, architecture and developmental skills.
You’ll be designing security solutions (products and services) which meet user needs and align with DWP security strategy and standards. It will be your role to provide a consistent set of security solution views.
You’re a great communicator so you’ll be able to making the complex simple to understand for stakeholders of all levels. And you actively champion architecture best practice and in particular its security expertise.
Working with engineering teams, policy, legal, and other Digital stakeholders you will be instrumental in creating VFM solution designs, identifying security issues in system architectures.
You will ensure technical quality and that solution designs adhere to digital Blueprints, Enterprise Architecture and provide a deep understanding of business goals and processes that informs the security architecture roadmap.
You will identify, capture, share, iterate, and implement security architecture patterns, whilst providing advice and guidance on the risk impact of vulnerabilities in existing and future designs and systems. Plus, assessment of the likelihood of vulnerability exploitation.
Your views and your expertise will be key to identifying new technologies and working with DWP Digital Design Authority and the broader security community to look at how and where these can be exploited in business areas.
We are looking for someone with skills and experience in:
• Architecture design and modelling techniques, tools and standards
• Security threat trends, analysis and protection technologies, tools and best practice (e.g. software exploits/ SQL injection/ cross-site scripting/ remote file inclusion/ stolen credentials/ ‘watering hole’ attacks/ DDOS/ malware/ phishing/ ransomware)
• Secure communication and encryption/ cryptographic technologies, tools and best practice (e.g. IPSec/ Kerberos/ TLS/ SSL).
• Identification, authentication and Single Sign-On(SSO) technologies, tools and best practice (e.g. OpenID / Oauth 2.0/ OIDC/ XACML/ OATH reference architecture/ Kerberos/ SAML/ WS-Security/ RACF)
• Cybersecurity technologies, tools and best practice
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team with a base office at one of our Digital Hubs at either Leeds OR Newcastle.
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Click here to check out each Digital Hub location
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
CLICK APPLY for further information start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link