Number of vacancies
Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne OR Sheffield
£60,740 — £80,000 per annum
37 per week (flexible working)
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation
• Work in an environment shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
• Career progression opportunities and lots more
9 May 2021
We are looking for a Lead Security Architect who …
• has experience of Application Architecture design and modelling techniques and tools
• has substantial experience of Public cloud technologies, cloud hosting, container, and networking design patterns, tools and best practice (including Amazon Web Services)
• has experience of the secure software development lifecycle (SSDLC) and infrastructure-as-code, particularly integrating vulnerability management and security testing into deployment pipelines
• can provide expert advice to other Solution Architects
• has a proven track record in Platform security – including defence in depth, secure by default, Operating System hardening and security, updates and patching, secure boundaries, and zero trust
• can engage multidisciplinary teams with a user-centred design process, and explain design decisions in a way that others understand
• knows how to utilise security technologies, tools and best practice in:
– Security threat trends, analysis and protection
– Secure communication and encryption/ cryptographic
– Identification, Authentication and Single Sign-On(SSO)
SOUNDS LIKE YOU? Then click APPLY NOW. We’d love to hear from you!
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the largest government department. We provide services and support to over 22 million people, and make payments worth over £195bn every year. There are over 110,000 colleagues and agents working with us and, right now, helping us lead the response to Covid-19.
We’re driven by an extraordinary purpose. In DWP Digital we’re transforming the products and services we deliver to make them work better for the people who need them.
And our pension offer is amazing – with circa 27% contributions from your employer – so you’re working towards a better future for you and your family while you’re helping to create better futures for millions of others in the UK.
We also want to ensure our people have a great work/life balance, enjoying the benefits of flexible working and flexi time.
Delivering World-Class Projects.
We want a talented Lead Security Architect with security experience to join our team.
You blend your leadership skills with expert technical security knowledge, architecture design, and development skills.
You’ll need to be able to lead discussions with senior stakeholders to create solution options and recommendations, and influence the best decisions for us and our users.
You’ll create, communicate and deliver VFM security solutions for DWP, and also help build capability in this area within our collaborative Architecture community.
You’ll lead a team of solution architects working in Hybrid Cloud Services.
HCS provide hosting for DWP Digital services across on-premises and hyper scale cloud, with a strategy that includes exploiting new data sources from across government and making better use of existing data.
We’ll use this data to deliver operational efficiencies, reduce fraud and error, enable straight through processing, and ultimately providing improved, data-secure user journeys.
Currently DWP is looking to implement a new strategic event-driven architecture vision, with security aligned to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, so it’s an exciting time to join us rich with opportunities for you to make a massive impact.
Being an Architect here at DWP Digital is challenging, but rewarding. Check out the following blogs and hear from those currently meeting that challenge head on:
Life as a technical architect at DWP Digital…
Using Hybrid Cloud in the Public Sector…
Inside the mind of a security architect
My surprise on returning to DWP Digital
Where will you work?
For this role, you’ll join our team with a base office at one of our Digital Hubs at either Blackpool, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne OR Sheffield.
We have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Please click this link to have a look here to find out more about what is on offer at each site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link