A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||25 February 2020|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP are looking for Lead Service Designer to work with us on in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation. Our people work on projects that are revolutionising products and services that are used by millions of people every day.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
About you and your role:
Our Lead Service Designers work to understand end-to-end user journeys and whole services, identify service patterns and use prototypes to design services in order to avoid failure demand, reduce operational cost and make things easier and simpler for users. They work alongside other Designers, Researchers and Product Owners to design services for the people who use them. The core purpose of a service designer is to understand user needs and design around those needs and to design whole services to avoid failure demand, reduce operational cost and make things easier and simpler for users.
You’re the expert voice in the room on Service Design, with experience of large-scale and complex projects. You use your skills and experience to assure the quality of service design across teams and our organisation. Using research, data and other evidence, you translate user needs into whole services (including non-digital parts).
You will work closely with product owners, programme directors and other senior stakeholders to help to build teams, solve problems and develop strategy. You are an advocate for best practice in service design, lead on cross-government design projects and keep up to date with industry changes. Finally, you will help to shape service design career paths and may manage senior service designers.
Putting users’ needs at the heart of their work you will make people’s interactions with the government as simple and quick as possible.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- You have a proven track record of working from a digital perspective, including iterating service design for complex situations and difficult/technical problems and processes.
- You can demonstrate experience of engaging multidisciplinary teams with a user-centred design process and of explaining design decisions in a way that other people understand.
- You have substantial experience of putting forward the case for service design to senior stakeholders, policy colleagues and product owners.
- You can use user research and data to make design decisions.
- You have taken the lead in setting design priorities across a number of work areas.
- You have experience of managing relationships, consulting regularly with senior stakeholders to provide analysis and recommendation.
- You have deep experience of implementing, managing and supporting services that are aligned to business strategy and operational requirements.
- You have experience of agile delivery.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in our digital hub in Newcastle, just a short walk from Longbenton Metro. Find out more about the hub, and all our brilliant facilities, here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/newcastle
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
Development. Wages. Perks.
What is our offer?
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £71,154, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via email@example.com