|Salary||Up to £71,154|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous
|Closing date||15 December 2019|
Digital Workplace Project. Digital with Purpose. DWP.
We’re looking for experience Service Managers and leaders to join DWP’s Digital Workplace project and become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes. If you love solving problems and want to use your skills on projects with real impact, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re delivering a once-in-a-generation reform of products and services that will put world class technology solutions into the hands of the millions access DWP services and our brilliant frontline colleagues.
What is Digital Workplace?
It’s big. Over the last two years diverse DWP Digital teams have established Digital Workplace, an agile and multi-disciplinary service that supports over 84,000 employees, using more than 150 distributed cloud applications, operating out of more than 800 UK sites, and powering digital products and services used by more than 20 million people across the UK.
It’s evolving. So far we’ve moved all of our systems to hybrid hosting, removing the constraints of previous outsourced IT contracts, modernising our legacy infrastructure and stabilising performance. We’re improving communication and collaboration with a mix of new hardware including mini-PCs, Surface Pro laptops and a growing mobile phone network.
It’s empowering our people. By upgrading our software with the latest versions of Office 365, Skype for Business and our rebooted staff intranet we’re making sure our people always have the right tools and the latest professional digital skills.
You and your role
As a Lead Service Manager you will represent our Digital Service Management function at a senior level, building and managing relationships with business stakeholders so we can deal with their issues.
You will lead a talented team, managing their capacity and activity. You stay on top of digital needs, IT trends and key transformations, and you’ll use that knowledge to set the vision for service management processes, products and services.
In your first posting, you’ll be responsible for Workplace Computing. Workplace computing is responsible for the provision, servicing and continuous improvement of all of DWP’s Personal Computing devices. That is desktops and laptops for 84,000 DWP colleagues across 800 sites – a huge and unique challenge.
You’ll also take on associated tools and products like the W10 operating system, requiring transformation of around 50,000 devices, as well as keyboards, mice, monitors, docking stations and portable peripherals. This equipment in fundamental to our colleagues’ work experience– you’ll be a part of their DWP journey at key stages like recruitment, changing office, and retirement. You’ll help empower people to work flexibly, and more effectively as their circumstances change through their career.
The Lead Service manager will be accountable for all processes and standards for end-to-end support and or solutions for a portfolio of products/services and other Digital technology functions to ensure service quality and end-user satisfaction are maintained.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
You have depth and breadth of service management experience, problem management experience and offer strategic insight in this role. You’ll have the skills required to:
- Act as primary liaison contact person for Digital and Suppliers regarding Product/Service support requirements, issues, changes and performance.
- Ensure appropriate communication of major incidents to senior stakeholders.
- Take accountability for adherence to agreed SLAs, processes and procedures including quality management, risk management, security
- Perform agreed line management activities#Identify Product/Service support performance improvement opportunities
- Work with Product/Service teams to ensure the smooth integration of releases into live support
- Lead DWP and supplier resources to deliver all services to enable our Workplace transformation.
- Build relationships with suppliers and ensuring they provide excellent, VFM, timely and robust services.
- Help ‘shift left’ our support arrangements and implementing better VFM/self-service arrangements.
- Take on Demand/supply management and request management.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team in Blackpool where you’ll enjoy great facilities and active local community. Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
In Digital Workplace we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £71,154 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me via firstname.lastname@example.org