|Location||Blackpool, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle & Sheffield|
|Salary||Up to £89,995|
Our flexible benefits package includes competitive salary, employer pensions contributions up to 10%, an annual bonus up to 10%, great work life balance and loads more.
|Closing date||31 October 2018|
Do you want to be part of something really big?
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital’s community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to work with us on one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe, providing services that have far-reaching and pivotal roles in citizens’ lives. In BPDTS a relaxed culture empowers our teams to focus entirely on the incredible outcomes we’re trying to achieve.
We know that better digital services in government will mean better public services, with the power to make a difference to lives of 22 million UK citizens. Our fast growing digital community is driving that change.
You and your role
As a Lead Software Engineer you will have proven experience in the design, development and support of software applications and services that are focused on stability, availability and quality.
You are an expert in your field and will evangelise software craft practices across our Software Engineer community.
You will lead a number of multi-functional agile delivery teams, guiding the Software Engineers to build in quality, using industry best practices, to the products that make up our citizen services.
You will lead the growth of Software Engineering capability and provide career development for our existing Software Engineer Community.
What are we looking for?
- A good understanding of Agile delivery approaches, software craft best practices and experience of developing software within a Micro-Service architecture and knowledge of when to utilise.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a technical architect to define and specify the architecture and technical approach for the product being developed
- Extensive experience in leading Software Engineering teams responsible for delivering high availability, high performance, high scalability, high stability software applications and services.
- SQL and no-SQL Data Bases
Where will you work?
You’ll join us in one of our easy-to-reach digital hubs in Leeds, London, Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle or Sheffield. Each hub is designed for and by members of our digital community. We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things.
What is our offer?
- We’ll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £89,995
- You will be eligible for a pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance related annual bonus of up to 10%
- We’ll help you balance your life and work
- We’ll give you a generous leave allowance, with the option to buy and sell extra days
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package – including a cycle to work scheme and lots of family friendly perks – which can be tailored to your lifestyle.
If you really impress us with your skills and experience then we may be able to negotiate the maximum salary.
Building our future
We believe the work we do really matters, so we’re serious about investing in you.
You’ll have access to a huge suite of training and learning opportunities to complement the new skills you’ll acquire on the job. You’ll get the chance to share knowledge and with colleagues from across our digital communities, and to grow your skills through our coaching and mentoring programmes.
Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the ‘Job Spec’ button.
You’ll need to register (you can use your LinkedIn profile) and upload a CV and then complete a short application form.
If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via CHARLIE.WHITE@DWP.GSI.GOV.UK