Number of vacancies
£60,740 — £80,000 per annum
37 per week (flexible working)
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation
• Career progression opportunities and lots
14 September 2020
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for an experienced Solution Architect specialising in Security to provide that security architecture expertise for a small team of solution architects working across a number of DWP’s Digital Working Aged products and services.
Digital Working Age includes benefits and services like Personal Independent Payment, Employment and Support Allowance, Access to Work and Industrial Injuries. We help people access the support they need to live independently, and help support carers, by designing innovative accessible, available, and user-driven government services.
This business critical role is ideal if you are someone who can work with delivery teams, designing security solutions (products and services) to meet user needs and align security strategy and standards.
Duties. Work. Projects.
In this expert level, leadership role you will be blending your deep knowledge of and experience in technical security, architecture and developmental skills.
Digital Working Age covers a number of large scale projects and initiatives and you’ll be providing a consistent set of security solution views across these. You’re a great communicator making the complex simple to understand for stakeholders of all levels. And you actively champion Architecture best practice and security solution communication.
Working with engineering teams, policy, legal, and other Digital stakeholders you will be instrumental in creating VFM solution designs. identifying security issues in system architectures. You will ensure technical quality and that solution designs adhere to digital Blueprints, Enterprise Architecture and Product Roadmaps.
You will identify, capture, share, iterate, and implement security architecture patterns, whilst providing advice and guidance on the risk impact of vulnerabilities in existing and future designs and systems. Plus, assessment of the likelihood of vulnerability exploitation.
Key will be you identifying new technologies and working with DWP Digital Design Authority and the broader security community to look at how and where these can be exploited in business areas.
We are looking for someone with skills and experience in:
• Architecture design and modelling techniques, tools and standards
• Security threat trends, analysis and protection technologies, tools and best practice (e.g. software exploits/ SQL injection/ cross-site scripting/ remote file inclusion/ stolen credentials/ ‘watering hole’ attacks/ DDOS/ malware/ phishing/ ransomware)
• Secure communication and encryption/ cryptographic technologies, tools and best practice (e.g. IPSec/ Kerberos/ TLS/ SSL)
• Identification, authentication and Single Sign-On(SSO) technologies, tools and best practice (e.g. OpenID / Oauth 2.0/ OIDC/ XACML/ OATH reference architecture/ Kerberos/ SAML/ WS-Security/ RACF)
• Cybersecurity technologies, tools and best practice.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team at our digital hub in Leeds.
Based in Quarry House, is only a ten-minute walk from the train station. There’s also a daily shuttle bus between the railway station and Quarry House.
It has plenty of informal, collaborative spaces, and facilities include a restaurant, coffee bar, vending machines, cycle shelter and showers. It also houses the Forum Leisure Centre and Woodpecker Café Bar, with loads of activities, including swimming, squash and a gym.
Have a closer look at the facilities via this link.
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 80,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via email@example.com
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link