|Location||Blackpool or Newcastle|
|Salary||Up to £58,135|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions circa 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||15 December 2019|
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We’re looking for a talented Supplier Manager with experience working with budgets, contracts, and product procurement within a digital/technology context to become a key part of one of the UK’s biggest and most high-profile digital transformation programmes. If you love solving problems and want to use your skills on projects with real impact, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re delivering a once-in-a-generation reform of products and services that will put world class technology solutions into the hands of the people that need them most, whether that’s the millions that access DWP services or our brilliant frontline colleagues.
You and your role
You will join our Health and Working Age team as a Supplier Manager. You’ll lead a small team balancing the IT budget against the requirements that our partners in the business call out, whether that is new tools and products, services or managing existing supplier and contracts.
You’ll use your foresight and knowledge of the market to scan the horizon to ensure DWP is getting the best value for money. You’ll work with commercial business partners, as well as digital specialists to understand what we have, what we need, and whether we’re there are better options.
You’ll build a picture of what is out there so we can make a case for procurement. Are we using the right suppliers? Is there a better product for a better price?
Health and Working Age is a high profile part of the business, including one of our real flagship projects, so you’ll be working right at the heart of our digital transformation with real opportunity to influence.
In Digital Group the supplier management practice is relatively young, so you’ll the chance to shape, mature and grow what we do and how.
You’ll also become part of an existing DWP and government wide community of supplier management professionals, which provides a brilliant support network and also lots of opportunity for progress and development.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- You have experience of taking the lead in devising, implementing and evaluating effective supplier management strategies and plans, resulting in effective delivery and measurable improved supplier performance.
- You’re an excellent communicator and influencer. You demonstrate clarity of thinking, you can to evaluate and present complex contractual issues and risks and make sound recommendations to senior stakeholders.
- You can develop your team’s skills and improve processes and drive better outcomes.
- You have identified and secured innovative solutions to contracting/sourcing problems, working within organisational frameworks, policies and governance.
- You build strong strategic relationships/networks within teams and wider and you have the confidence and professional credibility to influence Director-level colleagues.
Where will you work?
You’ll join our team in either Blackpool or Newcastle, where you’ll enjoy great facilities and an active local community. Find out more here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
In Digital Workplace we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations and that means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £58,135, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, holidays, insurance, healthcare, events, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, progression opportunities and guaranteed 5-days formal learning per year.
- And lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.