Number of vacancies
Leeds, Newcastle-upon-Tyne OR Sheffield
£60,740 — £80,000 per annum
37 per week (flexible working)
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
• Flexible working
• Family friendly policies
• Volunteering and charitable giving
• Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
• Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
• Sports and social activities
• Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation
• Work in an environment shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
• Career progression opportunities and lots more
4 May 2021
- Would you like to challenge your extensive knowledge and delivery experience of Robotic Process Automation technologies on a massive government project?
- Are you a solution design leader, who can create and provide a consistent set of solution views and their construction?
- Can you make the complex simple to understand for delivery teams and stakeholders at all levels?
- Are you experienced in public cloud technologies, cloud hosting, container, and networking design patterns, tools and best practice (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)?
- Could you support and shape change-making technology initiatives, projects, programmes and portfolios?
- Can you get the best out of engineering teams so they create solution designs that work for us and our millions of users
- YES? Then click APPLY NOW. We’d love to hear from you!
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the largest government department. We provide services and support to over 22 million people, and make payments worth over £195bn every year. There are over 110,000 colleagues and agents working with us and, right now, helping us lead the response to Covid-19.
We’re driven by an extraordinary purpose, helping and changing the lives of some of the most vulnerable people in society.
In DWP Digital we’re transforming the products and services we deliver to make them work better for people when they need them the most.
We’re driven by an extraordinary purpose. In DWP Digital we’re transforming the products and services we deliver to make them better and more accessible for the people who need them.
And our pension offer is amazing – with circa 27% contributions from your employer – so you’re working towards a better future for you and your family while you’re helping to create better futures for millions of others in the UK.
We also want to ensure our people have a really good work/life balance. You’ll enjoy the benefits of flexible working, including flexi time which means you can manage how and when you work and also take extra days off.
Delivery. Work. Projects.
We’re looking for a Lead Technical Architect to join our award-winning Intelligent Automation Garage (IAG) team.
You will design technical solutions, products and services used by thousands of DWP colleagues and millions of people across the UK.
You’ll use Robotic Process Automation technologies like UI Path and Nice to meet the needs of these users and to deliver DWP’s ambition of world-class teams supporting world-class products and services.
Our IAG team has just passed a major milestone. Between April 2018 and the end of February 2020, five million DWP transactions were carried out using automation.
These transactions include things like texts to customers, registering a claim on legacy systems, calculating deductions and validating fit note information against DWP held data. And we’re just getting started.
Here you’ll be challenged to blend your technical skills, in development, architecture and more, with your leadership, relationship building and communication skills.
Being an Architect here at DWP Digital is challenging, but rewarding. Check out the following blogs and hear from those currently meeting that challenge head on:
Life as a technical architect at DWP Digital…
My life as an enterprise architect in DWP Digital…
Inside the mind of a security architect
My surprise on returning to DWP Digital
Where will you work?
For this role, you’ll join our team with a base office at one of our Digital Hubs at either Leeds, Newcastle OR Sheffield.
We have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Please click this link to have a look here to find out more about what is on offer at each site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
We provide the latest tech and tooling and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out some tips for getting hired here at DWP Digital via here and also this link