|Location||Blackpool, Manchester, London|
|Salary||Up to £73,205|
A brilliant Civil Service pension with employer contributions over 20%, generous annual leave, flexible working, great work life balance and lots more.
|Closing date||24 July 2019|
If you’re skilled and creative, want to be empowered to make decisions and challenge the norm, and want to bring BIG ideas to a MASSIVE digital challenge then you’ll love it here. And we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a leader experienced in Technology Asset Management to join our growing community of experts and become a key part of one of the biggest and highest-profile digital transformation programmes in the UK.
Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies – and putting the user at the centre of everything we do – we create innovative digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users.
You and your role
We’re a huge organisation, taking on a digital transformation that is unprecedented in the public sector, and among the biggest and most complex in Europe. We can’t pretend we’re not looking for someone pretty special. The challenge, scale, breadth and scope in our Infrastructure and Technology Asset space is unique and yours will be a role with major impact and influence.
As our Lead for Technology Asset Management you will be an Infrastructure Engineer who is an expert in your field, skilled in multiple disciplines, a role model in technology asset management, infrastructure operations and have proven experience in the design, development and support of TAM services and tools.
You’ll be responsible for defining medium and long term strategies for technology asset management across the Department, defining guidelines for the TAM community and leading their adoption.
This practice involves a deep understanding of license compliance, optimising purchase, entitlements, consumption, maintenance (both hardware & software).
Here you’ll take on re-harvesting, procurement and cost efficiency for hardware and software asset management services and vendor audits for major suppliers. And you’ll lead on service asset management policy and standards, governing and ensuring maintenance and integrity of service assets.
What are we looking for?
- You have experience in developing and maintaining the strategic vision for TAM across the Department and manage implementation of the Departmental TAM strategy to deliver this vision.
- You can communicate a compelling view of the TAM Team’s purpose and values across the Department to help others understand the importance of the team’s role.
- You collaborate with key business units to improve asset compliance, manage IT asset-related risks and improve TAM services.
- You can to lead the day-to-day operation of the TAM Team in its work to manage the lifecycles of IT assets, optimise licence positions and implement corrective actions to address compliance issues or to mitigate risks.
- You have experience building close working relationships with strategic planning groups, governance bodies, programme boards and steering committees (to ensure TAM policies/tools are applied consistently to the design of new IT assets and configuration management projects).
- You can work with others, including commercial/procurement teams, to provide the data and intelligence needed to identify and realise cost savings and ensure value for money.
Desirable skills and experience – it’s good if you have these; don’t be put off if you don’t:
- You can ensure audit compliance for IT assets and the associate financial, legal and commercial undertakings with suppliers.
- You have experience of monitoring and reporting on plans and activities to optimise the value of an IT Asset Portfolio.
- You can allocate and manage a budget to ensure effective monitoring and control and safeguard against breach of contract and non-compliance.
- IAITAM Certification is beneficial but not mandatory.
Where You’ll Work
You’ll join us in one of our brilliant digital hubs. That could be in Blackpool, where our teams enjoy a brilliant social scene with great clubs, communities, groups and nights out, as well as brilliant facilities including wellbeing spaces, a gym, restaurant, coffee shops and loads more. It’s a beautiful site too, with habitat for wildlife including rabbits, birds, carp and recently a family of otters.
Or do you prefer Manchester? Our newest hub is smack in the centre of the city, with St Peter’s Square tram stop right outside, Oxford Road Station round the corner and brilliant food, shopping and culture on our doorstep. If you like to bike, then you’ll enjoy the use of our underground lock and showers.
We can also offer roles based in London. You’ll work at the heart of government in Westminster, on some of our biggest and most-high profile projects. We’re really close to St James’ Park tube station and Victoria train station.
If you work in London or Manchester, you’ll be expected to work 2 days per week in Blackpool (with your travel and expenses covered by our booking processes and tools).
We provide the latest tech and tooling in our hubs and foster a collaborative culture to help our agile, multidisciplinary teams think big and try new things. You will work alongside people who care passionately about public service, making a difference and delivering for our customers.
We’re the UK’s biggest government department with over 84,000 diverse and brilliant people on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £73,205, a brilliant civil service pension, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it’s even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
- A huge, diverse portfolio of projects and programmes to get involved in. You’ll never get stale here.
Click APPLY now for more info and to start an application. If you want a chat about whether this is the right role for you drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org